After the initial excitement- are you going to keep your Quest 2?

Soldato
OP
Well I've ordered one. Purely as I've got nothing else to play at the moment :p

Hope the novelty lasts. Plan to start with Alyx and maybe Population one.

Any recommendations for easy 4yr kid experiences or games? Think theres a jurassic park thing.

Soldato
There's a great free virtual pet game called Bogo. Kids love that. Also First Contact is great (and free). Those are Quest native games too.

Caporegime
How are people getting on with the LCD screen - any issues with black levels compared to an OLED, or has the LCD tech improved enough to mitigate this?

Side by side again the Q1, it's pretty bad, but in isolation I find it acceptable and more than compensated by the increase res and reduced SDE. I have only ever used a Q1 and Q2, so no idea how it compares to other HMDs.

CAVEAT: I don't play dark/scary games, so YMMV.

Associate
Side by side again the Q1, it's pretty bad, but in isolation I find it acceptable and more than compensated by the increase res and reduced SDE. I have only ever used a Q1 and Q2, so no idea how it compares to other HMDs.

CAVEAT: I don't play dark/scary games, so YMMV.

Thanks - I do play dark games, love space related stuff.

If I get one I'd keep the Q1 as well anyway so could have best of both.

Soldato
My understanding for space sims is you either have nice black levels and an illegible cockpit (Q1), or a perfectly readable cockpit in a sea of grey (Q2) :D

To be honest, I've spent dozens of hours playing Elite Dangerous using the Valve Index which has very similar black levels to the Quest 2 and it looked great. The cockpit instruments give enough contrast that space looks dark enough.

Soldato
I need to get sidequest loaded already. Had a week away, so still just enjoying the basics! Next week, with the boy back to school, I should be able to get a bit more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom