• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
I can see us in the future fighting amongst ourselves for the 'privilege' of paying full price for e.g. the cheapest crappiest H510 motherboard.

No shopping around, no deals, no free game, no cashback.

At that point, I think I'll throw in the towel and find a new hobby.

Associate
Not sure the abuse is quite warranted there. They may be offering it but you still have to pay the difference. And that prevents people from joining the queue for a brand that they do want because they are being offered elsewhere. So, there is no perfect solution.

Yer but first come first served? Looking after their loyal and enthusiast customers? I actually checked their update page for the firs time yester evening and was blow away by how much info came from them DAILY...... so little effort, it's like they cared or something or at least pretend to :)

Also makes me laugh no one can say the name but everyone knows who.... stupid rule really born it seems out of insecurity about their own performance, why worry about another name that everyone knows if you trump that competitor's customer service and price? It's like the Nvidia/AMD mindshare if I valued OC I wouldn't care to read about he whose name we shan't say I would still purchase off OC. :)

Associate
Not sure the abuse is quite warranted there. They may be offering it but you still have to pay the difference. And that prevents people from joining the queue for a brand that they do want because they are being offered elsewhere. So, there is no perfect solution.

See my updated post for explanation...

And.. do you really think that someone would mind paying £30 difference for other model if that meant getting the card now instead of June 2021?
Sorry for abuse, but... REALLY?

Associate
Moved 2 places for my Inno3D X3. Just want the company to ship them over now. Sounds like it's all Apples fault taking up all the shipment slots.

Apple make so much profit on their phones and other crap they should have their own fleet of cargo planes, no need to monopolise normal freight then by over paying to buy everything.

Permabanned
I can see us in the future fighting amongst ourselves for the 'privilege' of paying full price for e.g. the cheapest crappiest H510 motherboard.

Sugest Car tuning. Then ya realise how 1000quid GPU is cheap :D

Associate
Moved 2 places for my Inno3D X3. Just want the company to ship them over now. Sounds like it's all Apples fault taking up all the shipment slots.
There are a number of issues affecting freight, not least incompetent Western governments bailing out the airline industry without caveats. A lot of freight used to be taken in passenger aircraft which are now no longer flying. They are refusing to convert aircraft to cargo because the government didn't ask for them to mitigate losses and pay them more to keep them on the ground! In some less insane countries they have been forced to convert passenger aircraft or even fly them empty of passengers for freight. That is another big reason for the lack of capacity.

Associate

don’t pick guitars. Really, don’t. I cannot begin to tell you how much money I have spent on guitars, amps, pedals, cables etc etc this year.

Associate
Yer but first come first served? Looking after their loyal and enthusiast customers? I actually checked their update page for the firs time yester evening and was blow away by how much info came from them DAILY...... so little effort, it's like they cared or something or at least pretend to :)

Also makes me laugh no one can say the name but everyone knows who.... stupid rule really born it seems out of insecurity about their own performance, why worry about another name that everyone knows if you trump that competitor's customer service and price? It's like the Nvidia/AMD mindshare if I valued OC I wouldn't care to read about he whose name we shan't say I would still purchase off OC. :)

It's their forum so they can put a rule in like that if they want to. I understand why they would not want people taking business to other competitors on their own forum.

Maybe they are looking after their customers, maybe not because as I say other people cannot now get in for a brand they may actually want which may be why OC haven't done that. I agree that a little more information on here would go a long way. Like I say, start by telling people the deficit of cards expected to cards received so people fully understand the picture. Also, like Scan, update the table with number of cards expected per week. It may nt be the answer you want but at least you know what the future deliveries look like. Ultimately though, cards are not available not matter what you do.

Associate
Inno although head quartered in HK have the manufacturing in China and it would be odd for them to ship from China to HK before shipping onward to other markets.

Nothing particularly unusual in seeing small quantities of goods taken by truck to HK for air freight to Europe, especially if the factory is in Shenzhen.

Very short distances involved and HK is not particularly separated from China these days...

Associate
Also makes me laugh no one can say the name but everyone knows who.... stupid rule really born it seems out of insecurity about their own performance, why worry about another name that everyone knows if you trump that competitor's customer service and price?

A very old rule here though as OCUK pay for and run the forums, so seems entirely reasonable not to allow people to promote the competition at their expense...

Associate
See my updated post for explanation...

And.. do you really think that someone would mind paying £30 difference for other model if that meant getting the card now instead of June 2021?
Sorry for abuse, but... REALLY?

That does depend if the difference is £30. I got my order in at £650, and to even buy the same card now it'd be an extra £70. I wouldn't pay another £100 to get my card earlier.

Back
Top Bottom