• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Damn, they make the DualSense sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm beginning to think that the controller may usurp the Xbox One controller as the best one ever made... can't wait to get my hands on it.

What a gen it should turn out to be with the SSD as well.

It's been interesting to see people talk about buying a series X to play the 3rd party games due to an assumed performance boost and a few extra pixels - I would have thought the whole user experience needs to be taken into account

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's been interesting to see people talk about buying a series X to play the 3rd party games due to an assumed performance boost and a few extra pixels - I would have thought the whole user experience needs to be taken into account

Utterly baffling to buy a new console just to play old games at a bit better resolution. Games companies have realised that people are willing to pay a lot of money for lazy "remasters" of old games and are churning them out at the moment. I blame the Switch for this mainly. The number of lazy ports/re-releases at full price is pathetic.

Caporegime

I think for me it's more that I trust Xbox with a digital library than Sony. I'm literally starting from scratch again moving from PC and I have more confidence that these games I buy will be playable on future Xboxes. Who knows what will happen with PS6.

Soldato
Utterly baffling to buy a new console just to play old games at a bit better resolution. Games companies have realised that people are willing to pay a lot of money for lazy "remasters" of old games and are churning them out at the moment. I blame the Switch for this mainly. The number of lazy ports/re-releases at full price is pathetic.

It's not really that far fetched. Each time I buy a new GPU for my PC I put older games back on to see how much better they run and often enjoy revisiting older games.

Associate
Looking forward to playing GOW this time all the way through and not have a jet engine in my living room PS4 Pro - i heard they fixed that for free but i sold mine anyway. Oddly it was only that game that really pushed it. Also i skipped LOU2 just so i could play it on PS5 so hopefully naughty dog do something special and update it somehow. Doubtful but i can hope.

Associate
So from reviews it seems apparent that new Watchdogs is painfully average (not that I expected anything else) I really hope AC:V has more going for it.
Depends what reviews you read. Its reviewed as one of the best watch dogs thus far. Going to keep an eye on it though but really can't expect anything groundbreaking from games these days. Same goes for AC:V from the gameplay trailers i've seen it just looks like a reskin which would be just like Ubisoft. Will wait for sales to pick that up. Watch Dogs i will get for PC for those RTX effects i probably won't even notice :D

Associate
Kids are asking for a new console so think I'll advise they go for a PS5, used to have a PS4 so already have a few digital only games that can start them off.

I've had an XBox more recently, but we've got Gamepass on the PC so I think a new Series X might be a waste.

Soldato
Depends what reviews you read. Its reviewed as one of the best watch dogs thus far. Going to keep an eye on it though but really can't expect anything groundbreaking from games these days. Same goes for AC:V from the gameplay trailers i've seen it just looks like a reskin which would be just like Ubisoft. Will wait for sales to pick that up. Watch Dogs i will get for PC for those RTX effects i probably won't even notice :D

Best of an average bunch though. I've not seen one that really praises it that highly. The recruitment system seems cool but I agree with the reviews that London just seems a bland setting the way they have made it. I only really take note of ACG review and I skim the main ones. No doubt I'll get it on a sale for sure, I quite enjoyed the first but cant recall anything about it other than the guy was called Aiden.
I agree about reskin too on AC but this is what Ubisoft do, I think I'll jsut enjoy the setting more than Egypt or Greece.

Associate
Best of an average bunch though. I've not seen one that really praises it that highly. The recruitment system seems cool but I agree with the reviews that London just seems a bland setting the way they have made it. I only really take note of ACG review and I skim the main ones. No doubt I'll get it on a sale for sure, I quite enjoyed the first but cant recall anything about it other than the guy was called Aiden.
I imagine more boroughs of London coming in a DLC :D :D

Agree i can't see anything remarkable in it. Fetch this and go here quests are mostly what these type of games are about these days with a back story thrown in somewhere along the lines. Really nothing new coming in terms of ideas for gameplay. Doubt we will see any real thought in these types of games really. Devs get lazy when they know it will likely sell anyway.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's not really that far fetched. Each time I buy a new GPU for my PC I put older games back on to see how much better they run and often enjoy revisiting older games.

I don't mind playing old games again, I don't like the fact that there seems to be these remakes coming out at a ridiculous rate at what seems like the expense of new IP. Other consoles aren't so bar for it but the Switch just takes the pee. Hes a 15 year old game with the same graphics, a few old DLC packs, please pay £40+ for it.

Caporegime
Although I'm Xbox this generation, it's going to be interesting to see more details about the PS5 once the embargo's begin to lift!

There has been a real lack of information compared to the Series X

Caporegime
Interesting post by Ubisoft claiming that Assassin's Creed Syndicate won't work on PS5.

Games with Backwards compatibility

Most of our back catalogue of games will have backward compatibility between the next and current generation of consoles, with a few exceptions*. This means that you will be able to play your Xbox One game on Xbox Series X|S, or play your PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5.

* on Xbox Series X|S, all our Xbox One games will be backward compatible. On PlayStation®5, all games will be backward compatible except the following ones: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia, Risk, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within, Space Junkies.

https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/news/ignt.23726

There's some web script that identifies whether PS4 games work on PS5. The official list from Sony has Hitman Go as "NOT COMPATIBLE," AC Syndicate as "BOOTABLE" and Resogun as "COMPATIBLE" as examples. I wonder how many games have a "BOOTABLE" status which suggests not 100% compatible.

EDIT: Someone on ResetEra has done a list of "BOOTABLE" games.

Project CARS
DOOM Eternal
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Batman: Return to Arkham
The Surge
Assetto Corsa
Sea of Solitude
Ghostbuster: The Video Game Remastered
Tropico 6 El Prez Edition
Mafia III
Mafia III: Definitive Edition
Mafia: Trilogy
EA SPORTS NHL 19
Werewolves Within
Dungeon Rushers
Need for Speed
Need for Speed™ Ultimate Bundle
Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade
SMITE
Metal Slug Anthology
EVE: Valkyrie
DOOM VFR
Dead Island Definitive Collection
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate Gold Edition
Assassin's Creed Chronicles – Trilogy
Star Trek™: Bridge Crew
Roundabout
Sleeping Dogs
NBA 2K19
NBA 2K19 + NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Bundle
NBA 2K20
Valhalla Hills - Definitive Editiuons
SENRAN KAGURA Peach Beach Splash
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal Shinobi Rivals Edition
SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
MLB® The Show™ 19
MLB The Show™ 18
MLB® The Show™ 17 All Star Edition
MLB® The Show 16™
Paddle Vs Paddle
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Dino Frontier
The Surge
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King
Manhunt
EA Family Bundle
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Realm Royale Founder's Pack
Realm Royale Bass Drop Bundle
Realm Royale Cute But Deadly Pack
GRIP Digital Deluxe
Super Kids Racing
Pinball Arcade
The Escapists + The Escapists 2
Pure Pool
Pure Pool Snooker Bundle
The Pure Bundle
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Tooth and Nail
Wired Horror Bundle
Wired Italian Adventure Bundle
Deliver Us The Moon Digital Deluxe
Shuttle Commander
Tennis World Tour
Tennis World Tour Legends Edition
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
OKAGE: Shadow King
Crossout
Eagle Flight and Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle
Everybody's Golf
Feral Fury
LittleBigPlanet 3
Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
Battlezone Gold Edition
WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship
WRC 8 Deluxe Edition FIA World Rally Championship
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Doki-Doki Universe™
Dead Nation™ Apocalypse Edition
APB Reloaded
KickBeat Special Edition
Entwined™
The Warriors
True Fear: Forsaken Souls - Part 2
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Super Stardust™ Ultra VR
The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR
Ape Escape 2
Crossout
Active Soccer 2 DX
Frisky Business
Clan N
Let's Sing 2018
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Rockstar Games PS2™ Classics Bundle
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
Close to the Sun
Operation Warcade
A Summer with the Shiba Inu
NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
Anomaly 2
Space Junkies
GRIP

Last edited:
Soldato
We’ll just have to wait and see what actually happens when these games are tried on the ps5.

Sony are saying 99% of the games will work. This list in the spoiler tag looks way too big.

Caporegime
We’ll just have to wait and see what actually happens when these games are tried on the ps5.

Sony are saying 99% of the games will work. This list in the spoiler tag looks way too big.

They will probably be playable but have minor errors or glitches or something. Nothing that will stop you from completing the game in all likelihood.

Back
Top Bottom