LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
I have an existing extending wall bracket that is built like a sherman tank. It has served me well for two TVs so far.

Looking at the CX now but I am worried that the holes on the TV are not centered and it will create issues with my wall bracket :confused:

The holes are lower down, so your TV will be higher on the wall if your current VESA mount is more central.

Some brackets let you adjust the height on them, but if not, you may need to reposition the bracket.

Soldato
Yeah all the scary customer pictures have held me off a bit.. but then do you really post a review if you had a positive experience with a screw? ;)

The TV is heavy, bit concerning. What bracket you going with?

Exactly! I expect most have got it up without issue but a few scare stories do put me off a bit! Was thinking of this one as it seems pretty heavy duty.

Soldato
Exactly! I expect most have got it up without issue but a few scare stories do put me off a bit! Was thinking of this one as it seems pretty heavy duty.
My approach is that ones which swing away from the wall exert more leverage on the fixings. So I use the simple plate-and-2-rails ones. But that's mostly because I'm fixing straight into plasterboard, no studs. All my walls have been dot and dabbed.

The 55" isn't too heavy as it goes, so it's basically down to your confidence in the wall and your fixing materials. I like to give them a good tug, if they can take that they'll take a telly :)

Permabanned
@ghutchison14078 Have you had a chance to test the CX with 4k@120fps yet ?

Interested to see if there are any issues as we have seen with some AV receivers the last few days

I've had a quick play on some games, for the most part its a completely smooth experience.

The only stutter I have noticed so far is on a couple of older games that were actually running way over 120fps at 4K (CS:GO and RB6 Seige) - there was an intermittent stutter as I think the internal image processing was trying to perhaps prevent screen-tearing. I can't be certain if thats the cause, but it was definitely there. Applying an external frame rate limited resloved it.

Everything else I've tested (Mafia Definitive Edition, MS Flight Sim, RDR2, CoD, Squad, Horizon Zero Dawn) - which were running less than or only slightly above 120fps were all perfect.

Associate
I've had a quick play on some games, for the most part its a completely smooth experience.

The only stutter I have noticed so far is on a couple of older games that were actually running way over 120fps at 4K (CS:GO and RB6 Seige) - there was an intermittent stutter as I think the internal image processing was trying to perhaps prevent screen-tearing. I can't be certain if thats the cause, but it was definitely there. Applying an external frame rate limited resloved it.

Everything else I've tested (Mafia Definitive Edition, MS Flight Sim, RDR2, CoD, Squad, Horizon Zero Dawn) - which were running less than or only slightly above 120fps were all perfect.

Thanks for testing and posting. Really good to know. I have been on the fence, and probably still am a little, regarding compatibility with next gen gaming such as what you have tested and PS5, and new Xbox. I know they follow spec but until these devices are out and being used, you never know what issues will appear.

Soldato
This may sound mental, but how do I know for sure 120hz is working? Is it super noticeable over 60?

I tried destiny last night and the ingame read out was saying upto 120 but it kind of just felt like 60 to me? I'll do more testing maybe play for 10 mins at 60 then change it to make sure

Permabanned
This may sound mental, but how do I know for sure 120hz is working? Is it super noticeable over 60?

I tried destiny last night and the ingame read out was saying upto 120 but it kind of just felt like 60 to me? I'll do more testing maybe play for 10 mins at 60 then change it to make sure

With the TV powered on, rapidly mash the green button on the remote control about 7 or 8 times and it'll bring up the freesync menu where you can verify the signal its receiving.

Remember, you can only output 4K@120fps from an RTX 30xx series card (HDMI 2.1)

here is mine:

Soldato
With the TV powered on, rapidly mash the green button on the remote control about 7 or 8 times and it'll bring up the freesync menu where you can verify the signal its receiving.

Remember, you can only output 4K@120fps from an RTX 30xx series card (HDMI 2.1)

here is mine:

Perfect! Yep I'm limited to 1440p for now I assume via 2.0

Soldato
Unless you're happy to drop to 4:2:0 color depth in which case you can have 4k120.

Thanks for that! Even with that in mind my PC wouldnt handle it :)

Talking if colour depth, is that what we tweak in the nvidia settings? RGB, etc 8 bit-12bit?

I dont really understand that aspect and what to use

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep exactly - for me it's the output colour format YCbCr420.

Cool thanks! I'll have a play.

For now I've followed Rtings settings but I dont really get what they are suggesting for game mode on PC. are they saying with PC Game mode on, just copy across the settings used for SDR content to get the best picture?

I guess it's all personal preference really but did you guys do any tweaking for the better?

Associate
Receive the 48CX this morning but have noticed 2 dead pixels and 2 stuck pixels. Dead pixels are towards the middle of the screen, is this a common issue with this screen?

Not really visible from my viewing distance (4-4.5ft) but wondering if I should return it for a replacement.

Soldato
Receive the 48CX this morning but have noticed 2 dead pixels and 2 stuck pixels. Dead pixels are towards the middle of the screen, is this a common issue with this screen?

Not really visible from my viewing distance (4-4.5ft) but wondering if I should return it for a replacement.

I would return it in your case I think.

Back
Top Bottom