• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Looks like new orders of the 3080 and 3090 will come with a copy of the new Call of Duty so for those of us waiting on a card still will we get a code for Watch Dogs or Call of Duty? Or do we miss out now?

Associate
Wow I've ordered my 3070 this morning, I got an email that I'm on 87 pos and then came in the forums to read all your messages, I can admit im officially thinking of cancelling straight away. This is ridiculous o.O

Associate
Wow I've ordered my 3070 this morning, I got an email that I'm on 87 pos and then came in the forums to read all your messages, I can admit im officially thinking of cancelling straight away. This is ridiculous o.O
Dont think the situation with the 3070s is as bad, cards expected next week

Associate
Looks like new orders of the 3080 and 3090 will come with a copy of the new Call of Duty so for those of us waiting on a card still will we get a code for Watch Dogs or Call of Duty? Or do we miss out now?
I'd keep an eye on what they offer after CoD, we might have a chance of getting that :p

What number are you in a queue?
35 as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
My main gripe with my 3080 order is the price gouging, but I suspect they will do the same with AMD cards as well.

I'll keep trying to get an FE in the mean time or a 6900XT if I haven't got the 3080 by December 8th and then cancel.

I do wonder whether Nvidia will wait til then before announcing a 3080Ti.

Associate
ASUS ROG Strix 3080 non-OC
Queue progress: 117 - 113 - 104 - 97
All cancellations of course.

The business I work for ships loads of tech stuff from HK and China too, and my weekly call with our logistics team tallies with what's been said by OCUK staff. Shipments are sporadic and disorganised, loads of stuff that a year ago would've shipped by air is being stuck on a boat instead because of limited cargo hood space, and this is causing limited cargo space in ships as well, creating a backlog stretching to after Christmas. So something that would normally arrive in a day is arriving in a couple of weeks and then sitting in a port until freight handlers can get the shipment split and distributed. Same as what Gibbo said, our freight slots are now getting tighter because of Christmas, and Brexit is about to make the ports a complete mess on top of all that.

I have a freshly-built PC with no graphics card, so I decided to cancel my 3080 order and grab a bargain 1660 Super so I can at least play enough games to keep me entertained until the pre-order backlog has cleared and I can get a 3080 at a sensible price, which will probably be Easter at this rate.

The story I read said passenger aircraft used to carry quite a bit of cargo, and with the rona, these have stopped flying. Some countries with sensible government have made sure national carriers converted passenger aircraft over to cargo, and carried on flying, however our hopeless bunch of incompetents pay more to ground the aircraft than to get them flying.

The big upcoming issues were black Friday, Christmas, New year sales and then Chinese New Year.

Associate
Based on how surprised he seemed to be about how people interpreted his comments about ASUS and OC vs non-OC productions I suspect he doesn't mean to be as vague as he comes across, but I agree, he really needs to spend an extra minute or two proofreading his posts and thinking about how they might be misinterpreted. Whether it is "most" gigabyte SKUs, or "most" AIBs, why not specify? All that the vagueness does is create more complaints later.
Or simply, the reaction was bad so a 'clarification' is called for.

Associate
I was 1076 last week for a Gigabyte Eagle OC 3080. This week I'm 946. I'm not surprised there's been that many cancellations, even I'm tempted to cancel and try my luck elsewhere. I'll give it a month and see where its at.

Back
Top Bottom