• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The bottleneck in freight routes is real and it's not just because of Apple.

NYT carried an article last month warning of a 'Shipageddon'
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/technology/holiday-shipageddon.html

Freight Waves also confirmed the shortage in container slots.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/container-slots-sell-out-threatening-holiday-shipageddon

The ships are 100% full. The containers are 100% full. You can't get a comtainer built. You can’t pick up a ship from the spot market. The whole container-shipping cycle is at absolutely full pelt,” exclaimed Jeremy Nixon, CEO of Ocean Network Express (ONE), the world’s sixth-largest container line.

Associate
Wait, you guys are 80th in the queue?

I ordered mine a month ago, an MSI GeForce RTX 3080 ... the first email I recieved I was 1424 in the queue ... a month later i'm at 1168.

Realistically, i'm not gonna get mine for a longgggggg while ; so is there even any point in staying in the queue?

Mate.. I moved forward by 11 positions in MSI queue since 2nd of October. Sooo.... yeah..

Permabanned
Who gets the stock bro? Which retailer bro ? There are only two retailers in UK and OC UK is one of them yet the amount of cards which come to UK are in 10s not hundreds. It is more than a month after launch. What is going on bro?

Soldato
I don’t buy any of that tbh. All these cards keep appearing on other uk and eu sites. If one manufacturer was struggling surely they all would. A few mins ago inno 3080s were on an eu competitor. They only showed 2 in stock but it’s fair to assume they also had pre orders to fill. Right now any company that can reduce losses from commercial flights will be scrambling to take whatever freight they can. Atm there’s no shortage of stuff coming from that part of the world to us. I feel like OC just aren’t getting the love they expected from distributors and manufacturers right now :(
Pre ordering is pants. You've got a greater chance of grabbing one that appears when it appears than relying on a failing supply chain to come through, particularly if you're so far down the queue.

I've been 10th in XC3 ultra queue here and got nowhere. Meanwhile managed to grab 3 orders (Ventus, TUF OC and Strix OC), received 2 (Ventus returned because crashing and TUF OC) and seen many opportunities to buy a bunch of others (many palits, gigabytes and some Ventus) over the past few weeks.

Soldato
I don’t buy any of that tbh. All these cards keep appearing on other uk and eu sites. If one manufacturer was struggling surely they all would. A few mins ago inno 3080s were on an eu competitor. They only showed 2 in stock but it’s fair to assume they also had pre orders to fill. Right now any company that can reduce losses from commercial flights will be scrambling to take whatever freight they can. Atm there’s no shortage of stuff coming from that part of the world to us. I feel like OC just aren’t getting the love they expected from distributors and manufacturers right now :(
What part don’t you buy? I’m not making excuses for OCUK, I actually questioned a few days ago if they were really the U.K. big shots they thought they were, all I was pointing out was the cards won’t be available in numbers everyone wants as there isn’t as many aircraft in the air as normal, so the normal amount of freight space isn’t currently available.
I currently have an order with a competitor for a gigabyte master(which will hopefully be filled next week) and am also keeping my eye out for a FE because that’s really the card I want

Associate
What part don’t you buy? I’m not making excuses for OCUK, I actually questioned a few days ago if they were really the U.K. big shots they thought they were, all I was pointing out was the cards won’t be available in numbers everyone wants as there isn’t as many aircraft in the air as normal, so the normal amount of freight space isn’t currently available.
I currently have an order with a competitor for a gigabyte master(which will hopefully be filled next week) and am also keeping my eye out for a FE because that’s really the card I want
They aren’t coming in numbers we would like but they are coming. Just not to OC it seems. It’s pointless to me queuing here. I ordered day 1 and not 1 eagle shipped since. Since I cancelled I’ve got my hands on a zotac with a master and a strix due november. All ordered less than a week ago from different competitors. I’ve no doubt I could snag an fe before the eagles show here. It’s not a great situation for anybody atm in any queue.

Associate
Another week where Nvidia hasn't ramped up production. They would merely have to up it by 20 times to supply day 1 orders reasonably fast.

What's todays conspiracy theory in this thread?

NVIDIA artificially withheld stock to assess their competitor AMD's line up first before they ramp up production. This was done as a fail-safe in case AMD undercut NVIDIAs lineup with better performance and NVIDIA would be in a position where in fact they wasted chips before releasing a newer more competitive card such as a 3080ti etc.

/tinfoil

Associate
NVIDIA artificially withheld stock to assess their competitor AMD's line up first before they ramp up production. This was done as a fail-safe in case AMD undercut NVIDIAs lineup with better performance and NVIDIA would be in a position where in fact they wasted chips before releasing a newer more competitive card such as a 3080ti etc.

/tinfoil

Haha, I like the idea of mountains of ready-to-go 3080s out there! The rest is very plausible though

Back
Top Bottom