Energy Suppliers

Soldato
what , apps like 'take CARE of my bills' ? ... I hadn't realised they had been on dragons den, until repeat last week -
where they were exposed significantly, over-valuing their company, I shared the sentiment.

Bill apps, just for people who can't be bothered to run a comparison site check themselves, or check, a few, vendor sites directly, another middleman.

However an app that would allow you to see, how much you might have saved at other vendors over the past year (including variable rates) would be interesting

I like the honesty of green - they just give better rates, rather needing to beg referrals.

Soldato
I've never changed energy supplier in 11 years. Although I have done compare the market to and used that to swop to a better tariff with my current supplier who wouldnt give it to me directly. Scottish Power. Unbelievable.

Any news on the new BG digital only spin off?

I just don’t understand why you don’t just switch to a cheaper supplier. Sure Scottish power occasionally put out a competitive rate but in the round they are far more expensive than the cheapest deals available. If you are out of contract, switch!!

People who don’t change suppliers are often subsidising cheaper deals for other customers, utter madness.

Soldato
Any news on the new BG digital only spin off?

BG Evolve?

I was actually considering them as their tariff rates were quite competitive.

what , apps like 'take CARE of my bills' ? ... I hadn't realised they had been on dragons den, until repeat last week -
where they were exposed significantly, over-valuing their company, I shared the sentiment.

Bill apps, just for people who can't be bothered to run a comparison site check themselves, or check, a few, vendor sites directly, another middleman.

However an app that would allow you to see, how much you might have saved at other vendors over the past year (including variable rates) would be interesting

I like the honesty of green - they just give better rates, rather needing to beg referrals.

Actually that makes a great business plan. Disregarding their valuation of the company etc.

When you look at it, there are so many people out there who should change suppliers to save them money, but they just can't be bothered, or keep putting it off. I'm guilty of that, I was meant to have changed suppliers at the start of summer, but have only just got round to doing it.

So companies like this will always exist where there are in effect plenty of lazy people about.

Soldato
I just don’t understand why you don’t just switch to a cheaper supplier. Sure Scottish power occasionally put out a competitive rate but in the round they are far more expensive than the cheapest deals available. If you are out of contract, switch!!

People who don’t change suppliers are often subsidising cheaper deals for other customers, utter madness.
I will do this time! Promise.

Associate
Hi is anyone on Avro Energy. Can you tell me what Reading 01 and reading 02 relates to. Is it day or night rate as I am on economy 7 and even though I am on the same rate I do not want to submit the wrong reading the wrong way round.

thanks

Vic

Soldato
Are there really big savings to be made? Having received a number of quotes the bigger companies appear slightly cheaper than the likes of Octopus et al...
It's different for everyone, octopus were cheapest this time for me. Just go with the cheapest with reasonable service.

Associate
I would expect prices to increase. Wholesale markets have rebounded with the expectation that demand will pick up again. There will also be a lot of mutualisation of bad debts and supplier exits as the bigger bills roll in over winter.

Soldato
You'd think prices on electric might drop with more renewables entering the market but doesn't seem to be the case, for me prices only ever seem to go one way, up.

I don't really get the logic behind charging consumers for green tariffs still either, as a consumer I am connected to the same grid as everyone else, the focus should be on getting as much of the grid as a whole to be green as possible.

For some reason all of the energy companies seem to use that as an excuse to charge some people more for the same effective product.

Soldato
You'd think prices on electric might drop with more renewables entering the market but doesn't seem to be the case, for me prices only ever seem to go one way, up.

I don't really get the logic behind charging consumers for green tariffs still either, as a consumer I am connected to the same grid as everyone else, the focus should be on getting as much of the grid as a whole to be green as possible.

For some reason all of the energy companies seem to use that as an excuse to charge some people more for the same effective product.
It's not, green sources cost more, so you have to pay more, fairly simple really.

Back
Top Bottom