• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Kids are asking for a new console so think I'll advise they go for a PS5, used to have a PS4 so already have a few digital only games that can start them off.

I've had an XBox more recently, but we've got Gamepass on the PC so I think a new Series X might be a waste.

Good luck getting one, might be some disappointed kids this christmas, stock will be tight until near year at the earliest, even MS apologising in advance for stock levels and PS5 seems to have more hype.

Soldato
I like the updated app it's way better than the original and it's nice to not need separate apps for messaging. I see AC:V is using upscaling to 4k on PS5 but it's native on X. I'm not sure how different it looks but I hope it's not another generation of 4K! (but not really) games if it is a notable difference.

Soldato
I like the updated app it's way better than the original and it's nice to not need separate apps for messaging. I see AC:V is using upscaling to 4k on PS5 but it's native on X. I'm not sure how different it looks but I hope it's not another generation of 4K! (but not really) games if it is a notable difference.
Native on the X ? Didn’t think anybody actually knows whether it’s native or not. (Still up in the air)

Soldato

4k but not really is a big thing, Nvidia have some pretty decent tech going on in that area with the 3000 series. I'd imagine AMD may have something similar.

I don't have an issue with it myself, If I can have something that to my eyes in isolation looks 4k but is using a little trickery but the fps is stable then bring it on for me.

Also these are launch titles, which are also cross gen.

Give it a chance.

Soldato
The 'upscaling' info is based on a a message from an unknown PR person from Ubisoft, so probably complete nonsense...

In the time since first posting the blog, Ubisoft has revised the wording to make clear that the PS5 iteration of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla can indeed perform at 4K at 60 frames per second. In a follow-up message sent to us by a PR representative at the publisher, this notion was also made clear once again. “I can confirm that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs at 4K at 60 fps on PS5 (upscaled 4K),” we were told.
Source:

https://www.dualshockers.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-ps5-xbox-4k-60fps/

I'll wait for the DF video.

Associate
Hey all,

I will be upgrading my pc soon, but I was thinking if I can get a monitor and video card that will allow me to flick in between using the pc and the PS5 sharing speakers and headphones?

Is this possible?

Soldato
Out of interest does anyone here replay games? Aside from ones where you can vary builds like Skyrim or Fallout I cannot recall the last game I replayed. I'm generally a once and done kind of person with games especially single player story ones.

Soldato
Out of interest does anyone here replay games? Aside from ones where you can vary builds like Skyrim or Fallout I cannot recall the last game I replayed. I'm generally a once and done kind of person with games especially single player story ones.

Not really, only thing I'd personally go back too is something multiplayer.

Anything story based I'm one and done, maybe if something was real special I'd go back to it years later or play a remaster.

Soldato
Not really, only thing I'd personally go back too is something multiplayer.

Anything story based I'm one and done, maybe if something was real special I'd go back to it years later or play a remaster.

I sometimes play 16bit games like Mario world etc because I always find it enjoyable. I just don't with most modern games. I loved AC Black flag and when I went to replay it 4 years later I lasted five minutes, the magic had gone for me.

It's a shame but on a plus it means I'm always trying new games I guess.

Caporegime
That's why I questioned BC, remasters and remakes a few pages back.

I generally play a game, complete it and move on to the next game. I've only replayed a game three times in 30 years of gaming. Half-Life: Black Mesa on the PC and CoD MW 1 and 2 on the PS4.

I've got loads of friends with huge libraries of games they've never finished because they always move on to the newest games when they're released.

I appreciate people moving between consoles will like the option of playing games they've missed but for people that stick to one brand, I can't see them completing games just because of a graphical upgrade.

That just makes me think developers should spend their time on new IPs rather than previous releases.

Soldato
@Pigeon_Killer I do agree mostly, but for example, I played the FFVIII 'remaster' and I absolutely loved it. I never managed to play FFVIII prior because the aging graphics put me off, so it's not quite the same as replaying a game I guess.
On the same footing, I played the FVII enhanced edition we got but that is my GOAT so a bit of an exception again.

Black Mesa is a sore subject for me, I was loving it until I got to a game breaking bug I cannot fix so never finished it. There is a fix with console commands but doesn't work for me

Back
Top Bottom