• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Caporegime
TBF,the Ryzen 5 3600X was also around 10% faster than the Core i7 8700K,hence why the Ryzen 5 3600 with some tweaks is very good value.

I know but to see what is now an entry level to the higher end pull so far ahead of what was 2 years ago the best Mainstream chip Intel had is quite something. the 5950X is going to be at least twice this fast.

Soldato
Mmmmmm, it wouldn't surprise me if Intel actually end up pulling Rocket Lake altogether. Let's be honest, why would anyone buy it ?

Rocket lake in Theo ray has up to 25% ipc increase over 2015 skylake BUT loses 2 cores compared to comet lake and most likely will run lower clock speeds than comet lake.

Rocket Lake will not pass Zen 3 but if somehow Rocket lake can match zen 3 in games that would be a miracle for intel

Caporegime
i used to own E8400 with base clock 3.0Ghz .. but I was able to do 4.8 on custom loop :) so YES it was more exciting in the old times

Yeah, the days of overclocking have gone, Both Intel and AMD now don't leave much on the table, tho i would be interested to see how much all core Zen 3 can do, if the 5600X could get from 4.3Ghz to 4.7Ghz that would be great, the later 3000XT's could do it, just about.

Soldato
I imagine like the last gen, the real performance will come from RAM overclocking or tightening timings. I miss the days of massive overclocks, the Bloomfield CPUs all did at least 1Ghz above boost.

Associate
I imagine like the last gen, the real performance will come from RAM overclocking or tightening timings. I miss the days of massive overclocks, the Bloomfield CPUs all did at least 1Ghz above boost.
Yeah, seeing a huge frequency change is more exciting than adjusting memory timings, to me.

Associate
That's a 26% performance increase over the 8700K (same number of cores) wow...

According to these benches, the 5800x is a 28.5% perf increase over the the i9-9900k :eek:

amd-5800x-cpu-all.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom