• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I was only looking for another 50% over my 1080ti, now it looks like I'm getting 100%.

Shame nvidia was so stingy with the vram as no way would I "upgrade" to a card with less vram.
6800xt for me and can't wait.

Associate
One thing i am interested in seeing is OCing potential.. Its clear Ampere is almost tuned to the max out of the box right?

Are we thinking RDNA2 has any room for OC potential? Seems leaks of Partner cards have shown higher clocks, but we have no idea how this translates to real world performance increase.

Also AMD benchmarks done on 3200mhz ram, as thats the supported non OC speed i guess, we know their IF loves faster ram, surely theres more performance there as well?

The new Mem tech, does this improve if devs code for it?

Seems to me AMD has shown current base performance at total stock situations, drivers, better ram, work done on implementation of their solutions etc will all push these gpus even further.

Im going to bench my 5900X and 6800XT on the day i get them, and then set a reminder for a year later. Will do the same with some games too

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Agree with you Th0nt. RT needs to be more subtle. Puddles aren't always clean water, the are often murky and don't reflect well etc.

Exactly this. You dont go to the Seaside in every country around the world and find a mirror reflecting the skyline. Most water is actually murky, and you have to be at a specific angle to see reflections. If anything your really wasting a lot of horsepower to have exaggerated visuals, just think of all them game reviews where the reviewer said to tone down the occlusion and settings (e.g. RDR when it came out) as all it done was tank the performance and could do away with the hit by dropping down a setting. The same applies to ray tracing unless you want to watch a fancy demo for a game engine or take screen captures.

Soldato
One thing i am interested in seeing is OCing potential.. Its clear Ampere is almost tuned to the max out of the box right?

Are we thinking RDNA2 has any room for OC potential? Seems leaks of Partner cards have shown higher clocks, but we have no idea how this translates to real world performance increase.

Also AMD benchmarks done on 3200mhz ram, as thats the supported non OC speed i guess, we know their IF loves faster ram, surely theres more performance there as well?

The new Mem tech, does this improve if devs code for it?

Seems to me AMD has shown current base performance at total stock situations, drivers, better ram, work done on implementation of their solutions etc will all push these gpus even further.

Im going to bench my 5900X and 6800XT on the day i get them, and then set a reminder for a year later. Will do the same with some games too

Yes, navi can oc a lot more.

Soldato
Exactly this. You dont go to the Seaside in every country around the world and find a mirror reflecting the skyline. Most water is actually murky, and you have to be at a specific angle to see reflections. If anything your really wasting a lot of horsepower to have exaggerated visuals, just think of all them game reviews where the reviewer said to tone down the occlusion and settings (e.g. RDR when it came out) as all it done was tank the performance and could do away with the hit by dropping down a setting. The same applies to ray tracing unless you want to watch a fancy demo for a game engine or take screen captures.
From memory, a pure/clean reflection is less computationally intensive than having slightly blurred /dull reflections.

Edit: that's why we always get these clean reflection in most games. Imagine how slow they would be if they started adding roughness to the surfaces to dull the reflection.

Associate
Why are there 2 scores? The image showing the settings with RT on has a 7200 score. So 2080ish territory? Maybe less since RT here is on High not ultra?

Also lens flares / screen effects are off ?

Another thing, if you look at texture quality, it's a different icon from RT / shadows etc. If textures are on ultra, that means the RT and the other 2 options are HIGH only, since the chinese symbol is different.

This is a 2080ti at 2560x1440 ultra RT

Please ignore the super elongated screen (it's my oled on 1080p 120hz + my monitor 3440x1440 and i cba to cut it right now)

From a YT 2080ti video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-JdNmeJvUk

Edited pics out and only posted the final image on next page.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
From memory, a pure/clean reflection is less computationally intensive than having slightly blurred /dull reflections.

Edit: that's why we always get these clean reflection in most games. Imagine how slow they would be if they started adding roughness to the surfaces to dull the reflection.

Good point, but someone posted earlier the game where on XBOX the puddle was bit hazy some blur, I would be well happy with that. You may get the odd shiny waxed business floor to demonstrate its glory but again in real life floors are not CIF clean like a mirror either so its unrealistic again.

Associate
Associate
Hmm

Apparently the SoTTR result is with Ray Tracing on High...

As for the Timespy looks to be mid to high end 2080ti score. That's graphics power only, not including cpu. This is a 6800 non XT, so about where we expected

Timespy is not looking great with that 6800.

It looks like without SAM and RAGE 6800 series might be a bit a bit slower than expected.

Soldato
Why are there 2 scores? The image showing the settings with RT on has a 7200 score. So 2080ish territory? Maybe less since RT here is on High not ultra?

Another thing, if you look at texture quality, it's a different icon from RT / shadows etc. If textures are on ultra, that means the RT and the other 2 options are HIGH only, since the chinese symbol is different.

ElpVWwvU4AApQGW

Please ignore the super elongated screen (it's my oled on 1080p 120hz + my monitor 3440x1440 and i cba to cut it right now)

tXXJ2xs.jpg

If that's legit the rtx3070 and 2080ti have 30% higher framerate than the 6800 with ray tracing on

Associate
So 6080 scores 80 with RT at 1440p and we have a 2080Ti same setting getting 60 fps?

Where are you getting that from? The image that has raytracing on (AMD on that twitter) shows a 7000 high RT score, which is lower than a 2080ti RT ultra. I have no idea what the other image is supposed to show? RT off im guessing? Or the 6900XT?

Soldato

The 1% low of 5fps concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom