• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Where are you getting that from? The image that has raytracing on (AMD on that twitter) shows a 7000 high RT score, which is lower than a 2080ti RT ultra. I have no idea what the other image is supposed to show? RT off im guessing? Or the 6900XT?

Chris uploaded the YT video of 2080Ti (no rt) at 1440p average fps 61, I then used the text posted by the twitter person PJ.
R5 3500x @ 4.3 + RX 6800 SOTTR RT on 4K 46 2K 80

** Edited the YT video you shared, thought it was your own bench :o

Last edited:
Associate
Chris upploaded his own score of 2080Ti rt at 1440p, I then used the text posted by the twitter person PJ.
I'm Chris lol, also, like i said, the image showing RT setting on has a 7000 score, the one showing 12k score i have no idea what settings its using, maybe RT off?

Here's a better side-by-side.

Edited it out and pasted only the final image with all comparisons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good point, but someone posted earlier the game where on XBOX the puddle was bit hazy some blur, I would be well happy with that. You may get the odd shiny waxed business floor to demonstrate its glory but again in real life floors are not CIF clean like a mirror either so its unrealistic again.
Probably a post process after the raytracing has been done a

Associate
Checked and i still had SoTTR installed. This is on my 2080 Asus Dual (non OCd)

Here's same settings as the Radeon RX6800 2560x1440 (menu is in native 3440x1440) RT high and all the other settings like in the twitter pic. Had gsync disabled for it so it didnt interfere.

Seems to me like the 6800 / XT will have 2080ti - ish perf in RT. Overall pretty good i guess? Unless there was a reason to disabled the other settings ( like for ex dropping perf more on it vs nv )

BBLbiRg.jpg

Soldato
5900X

That's not really practical from a workflow or existing investment point of view. I don't really want to be spending the equivalent on new software as the GPU. The choice is simply forget GPU rendering and hope that the 5900X 24 node count is acceptable (it's never going to be equal because of hybrid rendering where you utilise both GPU and CPU) or stick with green (I don't want to do this as I think in this instance AMD deserve the support.

My decision has been made and I'm going AMD. Its been a long time since I upgraded MB/CPU (2600K) which I guess is testament to just how stagnated the CPU market had become until recently. I'm in no way a NV fan beyond having a couple of really good reliable GPUs, currently 980TI.

Last amd GPU was a 1800XT I think but I think with SAM and the quality of their CPUs recently, they deserve support. So I have around £2100 to blow on a pc and whatever on a 144hz panel when either LG or Samsung sort their lives out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom