*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Not the case for these devs, they will be paid overtime and on top take a cut of the profits. I do not feel sorry for them as they are being fully compensated. If no pay then that would be different.
Exactly. And to be throwing around the term 'modern day slavery' isn't being overly dramatic, its being overly pathetic and disrespectful to those in far worse positions where the word will be better utilised.

Soldato
I was more specifiying the ones who take sick days or leave it till the last minute to tell the employer, not people on your 28 days year holidays. if you can't comprehend that then you are the one who is dense. Sitting behind your PC calling people stupid. Well done boy.

No you didn't, you made a low effort post to provoke those that had booked annual leave. You've backtracked ever since.

I said you were being stupid, not that you are stupid.

Associate
No you didn't, you made a low effort post to provoke those that had booked annual leave. You've backtracked ever since.

I said you were being stupid, not that you are stupid.

It wasn't aimed at people on annual leave though, I made the post because of what I saw on twitter. I should have worded it better.

Anyway, let's move on.

Associate
Not the case for these devs, they will be paid overtime and on top take a cut of the profits. I do not feel sorry for them as they are being fully compensated. If no pay then that would be different.

It definitely isn't modern day slavery. But, it also still isn't good practice from a business, whether or not the overtime is paid is irrelevant.

Associate
Would be very relevant to me :p:D

Maybe would. But forcing people to work, regardless of their personal circumstances isn't irrelevant.

I have experienced it before where a guy was told he had to miss his sisters wedding due to 'forced overtime'. It's okay though, they were paying him for it. As I said, not a good business model or practice.

Caporegime
I can't believe people care what others' views are on how they spend their leave.

I welcome people's right to comment on what I do and say, and am equally comfortable ignoring it as I am heeding feedback if I think it has merit.

My view is that people that book leave just to play a game are no worse than anyone who books leave just to engage in any other hobby, it's just some hobbies are deemed more socially acceptable than others, which is an old-fashioned view.

Maybe it's the prevalence of the importance of Instagram and Facebook-friendly photos that make some people feel like the only acceptable way to spend leave is sky diving or with a selfie in front of Angkor Wat.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Maybe would. But forcing people to work, regardless of their personal circumstances isn't irrelevant.

I have experienced it before where a guy was told he had to miss his sisters wedding due to 'forced overtime'. It's okay though, they were paying him for it. As I said, not a good business model or practice.
I am not arguing that it is though.

But sometimes it is what it is and better to have a job and be actually paid for the extra work you do than be in the position of millions of others around the world. Hence my position, I do not feel sorry for them.

Soldato
I can't believe people care what others' views are on how they spend their leave.

I welcome people's right to comment on what I do and say, and am equally comfortable ignoring it as I am heeding feedback if I think it has merit.

My view is that people that book leave just to play a game are no worse than anyone who books leave just to engage in any other hobby, it's just some hobbies are deemed more socially acceptable than others, which is an old-fashioned view.

Maybe it's the prevalence of the importance of Instagram and Facebook-friendly photos that make some people feel like the only acceptable way to spend leave is sky diving or with a selfie in front of Angkor Wat.
Unless your playing fifa or fortnight casually. Being seen spending all day playing video games your deemed as a geek with no life.

And by the way, before you attack me, I do play all day sometimes or in the early hours too.

I don't brag about it though or tell mates etc that last weekend all I did was play star citizen or that Friday night I played arma 3 etc etc.

Its also strange to see me talk to random blokes I've never ever met in life in discord.

Heck posting this on a gaming forum is blooming strange to they outsider.
. Forum? What's that's? Your not on twitter or Facebook mate?

You don't go out in a pub or house party on a Fri or Sat night?

See where I'm getting at?

Back
Top Bottom