Help. Out of my depth

Associate
OP
Hi everyone sorry i cant get online much got stuff going on NOT my new build issue.
Anyhow I have tried removing cables and dvd/cd unit refitting,getting latest driver online ,rebooting using reset button ,standing on one leg looking East and still cant get PC to see optical drive.
When i open device manager udner
Other Devices
PCI Device -yellow triangle-Code 28
PCI Device- Yellow Triangle-Code 28
PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller -Code 28
Ive tried updating drivers ,Trouble shooting and just abouteverything I can find online.
the unit works in as much as it opens on the button and spins when i put a disk in..it even downloaded a progam But I cant find it in devices and it wont play music,movies or picture disk.
Sick as achip

Soldato
Was just thinking he's got power, changed SATA cables, changed SATA ports & the drive should work in default as long as it's got software associated with it.
I'm assuming he's not got an M.2 drive sharing the same SATA port which just leaves the DVD drive doesn't it?

Associate
Was just thinking he's got power, changed SATA cables, changed SATA ports & the drive should work in default as long as it's got software associated with it.
I'm assuming he's not got an M.2 drive sharing the same SATA port which just leaves the DVD drive doesn't it?
Could be, but I doubt it.

Example my SATA hard drive sits on a "AMD Virtualised ACHI controller for StoreMI" (whatever that is!) and that sits on a PCI Express Root Port

Associate
OP
Sorry for long delay in updating.
Been in touch with company who supplied m/b bundle and they talked me through updating M/B drives .
There are now NO yellow triangles in Device Manager but optical drive does not show up in Disk Management .At this point company rep advised me that I should try different SATA headers as with this M/B if M2 Drive is used it can sometimes disconnect the SATA ? .Like slugforAButt pointed to.
Im gonna have to do some serious Googling

Associate
OP
Sorted ...AS mentioned by slugforAButt.On this M/B if using M.2 it disconnects a couple of the SATA headers .
There are another 4 headers tucked away at bottom of board and I used these and Bingo all well now.

Back
Top Bottom