Votes: 13 20.3%

Votes: 22 34.4%

Votes: 10 15.6%

Votes: 3 4.7%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
If I was the tracks I wouldn't be keen on that, you're losing a days ticket money! Silverstone has a job making ends meet as it is.

True but as a TV watching fan I'd rather squeeze in a couple of extra races (especially in Europe) like Mugella, Imola, Portimao or Nurburgring than watch a 3-day weekend in the Middle East... outside of Silverstone the grandstands don't always look that busy on a Friday anyway.

Soldato
Of the current crop, only Kimi has raced F1 here (qualified 8th and finished 5th in 2006). Given the short weekend with no Friday running leaving only 90 minutes practice on Saturday... will Kimi's 14 year old experience here count for anything?

The track got Tilke’d and major changes were made after the 2006 GP, so probably 14 year old memories diluted by years of Finnish vodka might not be very useful.

Caporegime
So is it FP1 when they only get one of them, or just FP?

Wait. What? They're putting free practice under parc fermé rules from 2022. Are they completely nuts?

So, now that engine modes have been banned. Does anyone know precisely what is being in the different Start modes they call for on the radio actually do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It's weird to have a race weekend without a Friday practice. Looking forward to another track I've not really seen before.
is there a reason why?

Wait. What? They're putting free practice under parc fermé rules from 2022. Are they completely nuts?
Sorry but what is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So is it FP1 when they only get one of them, or just FP?

So, now that engine modes have been banned. Does anyone know precisely what is being in the different Start modes they call for on the radio actually do?

Do you mean it would be parc ferme after the sessions? They wouldn’t be able to set the cars up otherwise or would have to use last year’s data?

Caporegime
Do you mean it would be parc ferme after the sessions? They wouldn’t be able to set the cars up otherwise or would have to use last year’s data?

The commentator said parc fermé from Thursday night. They seemed to be talking about not being able to try out different parts rather than not changing setups, I'm just going on what they said I don't have any more information.

Man of Honour
Yes, I think it was the case that they can’t do testing of new parts essentially, but can of course work on their setup. The overall spec of the car has to be the same is my understanding.

Soldato
The commentator said parc fermé from Thursday night. They seemed to be talking about not being able to try out different parts rather than not changing setups, I'm just going on what they said I don't have any more information.

That makes sense. I guess they can still try parts but they would be committed to carrying them through the weekend.

Caporegime
Another change to the track limits part way through the weekend...

Oh dear so none of you top world class drivers (except Lewis) can manage to actually stay between the lines.

I guess we had better change the limits for you poor souls, as you seem to be struggling to use a steering wheel.

Should be

Oh dear so none of you top world class drivers (except Lewis) can manage to actually stay between the lines.

Well you get 3 lives, like last race, but instead of a time penalty on fourth life, you get a black flag, and a ban for next two races.

Bet your bottom dollar, every single one of them will be miles inside the white lines then. :p:D

It's perfectly possible for everyone to not cut white lines.

Back
Top Bottom