Phanteks P500A DRGB fan mod/fix

Associate
OP
If you are going to definitely stay with 140's removing those inner strips is worthwhile.
Yes exactly, and for those that think they may need to use 120mm fans at some point in the future one viewer confirmed in the comments they were able to mod the plastic at the bottom to make room for mounting the 140mm fans on the front of the core chassis.

Hopefully they will be able to share some photo's of that mod too and then people can choose.

The main thing is you can fix/remove the obvious oversight from Phanteks and get that clean look with no airflow obstruction, I would recommend this case to others.

Associate
Thank you, handy video, friend has just picked up one of these cases and I too think they made an error in the design/build stages for it, he's a bit wary of cutting it, but personally i'd have a whole panel cut to fit in that recess, and then the 140mm circles cut out of it with mounting screw holes cut and then paint it to match the case.

It looks a lot cleaner not seeing that ladder bar mounting thing.... sometimes, in their efforts to provide as many options as possible the initial concepts of ideas, like the clean look in this scenario, gets lost.

Back
Top Bottom