I am not a pro but is anyone else ...... seeing this ****?

Caporegime
I am not an early adopter of pioneer of anything Stu - I use an android phone which is 1 or 2 generations behind which takes a memory card.

I will get a new card next year from OCUK when the time is right.

That's what I might do.

I was, for example, an early adopter of the iphone... but that was when it was brand new, apple had completely changed how we use mobile phones and everyone else ended up copying it... I bought it as there wasn't anything to compare. For later models though... meh... I don't care if I'm one generation or two behind... it's not a huge difference.

Ditto to GPUs etc.. I'm not fussed, it's not a huge shift/change in anything.

I can see the argument for upgrading to say a 4K TV or an OLED screen etc.. but certainly no need to rush to replace just because the latest iteration of basically the same thing comes out.

Associate
OP
That's what I might do.

I was, for example, an early adopter of the iphone... but that was when it was brand new, apple had completely changed how we use mobile phones and everyone else ended up copying it... I bought it as there wasn't anything to compare. For later models though... meh... I don't care if I'm one generation or two behind... it's not a huge difference.

Ditto to GPUs etc.. I'm not fussed, it's not a huge shift/change in anything.

I can see the argument for upgrading to say a 4K TV or an OLED screen etc.. but certainly no need to rush to replace just because the latest iteration of basically the same thing comes out.

Hello bud. Not had any maths questions for you for some time!

My phones cost about £150. Sony Z3, current one Huawei P Smart. Magic amounts of memory, battery power and pixels...with memory card ports so I can load it with audiobooks/music. I have slammed them in the car door etc repaired them and replaced them if needed. I am philosophical about that! I watched a junior member of staff employed by another, living at home, no car, open a new iPhone 12 on Friday - that must almost be the equivalent of a months wages. Consumer monkey!

I would like to go 1440p next year.

But all the gaming Pros are on 24" 240hz.................

Soldato
I noticed a few years ago when i stopped buying all the latest tech that I didn't become any less happy, or any less capable with respect to the things I wanted to achieve.

I fail to understand the abject misery some people are putting themselves through in the GPU section. After all, it's a single component for a computer that allows them to play their games slightly better than before.

Games are supposed to be a fun relaxing hobby, but the serious business attitude some people take to it will never fail to amuse me.

Soldato
Nvidia took the money on pre-ordering and seems to be taking forever to refund it according to people who have cancelled.

Soldato
I am also guessing a lot of gamers sold their AMD/GForce GFX cards prematurely and are now playing solitaire, candy crush and chess.
They only have themselves to blame for doing something stupid like this

They wanted to be greedy and get a very high price for there old GPU before the new ones where released and now the very low stock and high price increases has come back to bite them :D:D:D

Soldato
You hate to see it but:

World pandemic, so possible delays and shortages of new in demand product. There were shortages for 10 series at launch. Not sure how anyone can be surprised.

Average Joe: x, y and z who I know have caught covid. Y is really ill. Z lost their job just recently.

Gamer: Where's my new graphics card for extra fps? I can't function without it.

Associate
OP
You hate to see it but:

World pandemic, so possible delays and shortages of new in demand product. There were shortages for 10 series at launch. Not sure how anyone can be surprised.

Average Joe: x, y and z who I know have caught covid. Y is really ill. Z lost their job just recently.

Gamer: Where's my new graphics card for extra fps? I can't function without it.

You have not witnessed my elderly parent's world come down when (1) the tv needs sorting out (2) the internet is down (3) 1 & 2 together. It is planet emergency.

Back
Top Bottom