• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not with RT and no dlss enabled he didn't. Here is some results with highest preset and ultra rt. With no RT the 3090 can't reach 100 fps and with RT well no chance. obviously these settings are higher than the 6800 was run at but over 100 is lala land at 4k. At 1440p yea that's probably what you seen.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/amd-navi2-rdna2-event-thread.18904106/page-27

Apparently the original reposter is wrong? Its all in chinese so people take his word for it, this guys says the chinese next report otherwise

https://twitter.com/Vaylion/status/1322566328838844416

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Bit weird how AMD let nVidia completely off the hook at the $499 pricepoint even if the 6800 does perform better, 3070 demand is gonna be *crazy* now.

For me its a dodo being bested by 2080Ti (after it was said to be better) and having the regular DDR. For the MSRP its pretty good value but its going to be beaten comfortably by the 6800. Whats laughable is people paying for the premium flavours like ROG at same price you can pickup a 3080, that makes zero sense.

Soldato
Apparently the original reposter is wrong? Its all in chinese so people take his word for it, this guys says the chinese next report otherwise

https://twitter.com/Vaylion/status/1322566328838844416

Tbh the whole thing could be fake. I still expect nvidia to have the upper hand in RT especially in games past. Games developed with AMD's RT cards might show stronger performance though. Guess we will see what's what for real soon enough in games already designed for RTX. After that we will have to wait and see in games that AMD have been involved with.

Associate
Would that not be where the lower stack comes in? Navi 22/23?
the problem is it looks like the 6800 trades with the 3070 but is more expensive. If AMD slot another card underneath it would have to perform almost as good as the 6800 but be a lot cheaper.
They could in theory possibly release a gpu with the performance close to the 6800 but without any RT support (unlikely). But whatever they do now it will be too late anyway as most people will have made their decision on the 3070.

For me the 6800 was priced a bit strange unless they are confident it will also compete with the 3080.

Soldato
the problem is it looks like the 6800 trades with the 3070 but is more expensive. If AMD slot another card underneath it would have to perform almost as good as the 6800 but be a lot cheaper.
They could in theory possibly release a gpu with the performance close to the 6800 but without any RT support (unlikely). But whatever they do now it will be too late anyway as most people will have made their decision on the 3070.

For me the 6800 was priced a bit strange unless they are confident it will also compete with the 3080.

They don't look like they are trading though. The 6800 looks to be a good bit faster and has 16gb vram. This is going by AMD's released benchmarks and i most likely believe them as AMD priced the 6800 above. If it was not a good bit faster i doubt it would be priced so high.

Soldato
Bit weird how AMD let nVidia completely off the hook at the $499 pricepoint even if the 6800 does perform better, 3070 demand is gonna be *crazy* now.
I think AMD really needed to price the 6800 at $500 the 6800XT at $600 and 6900XT at $700 if they really wanted to shake up the Gpu market but instead they seem to have followed nvidia's pricing structure.

None of the cards offer either significant performance gains or much cheaper prices over what nvidia currently offers with the exception of the 6900XT although @1k this is still poor value for the performance offered its just that nvidia is even worse.

Last edited:
Associate
They don't look like they are trading though. The 6800 looks to be a good bit faster and has 16gb vram. This is going by AMD's released benchmarks and i most likely believe them as AMD priced the 6800 above. If it was not a good bit faster i doubt it would be priced so high.
For some reason I thought they were closer.(I know nothing is confirmed until cards get reviewed)That said they are still missing a sub £500 card to compete with the 3070 on price. They've sandwiched the 3080 with 6800 and 6800xt instead.

Soldato
Ideally they would have to test with both especially if the 10900K still ends up being faster for nvidia Gpus which can use the SAM.
If they just use the 5950x, assuming it is indeed the fastest cpu, then they can just disable SAM for a second run. They'd also have to re test all the Nvidia cards using the 5950x too for a fair comparison and not reuse the older results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom