• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed for new gen??

I'm not as excited as I have been in the past. Maybe its just age or the feeling its not going to be as big of an upgrade we're used to getting.

Associate
I'm not as excited as there's not really any games on either console that look like system sellers......but, am looking forward to Halo next year!

Associate
I'm not as excited as there's not really any games on either console that look like system sellers......but, am looking forward to Halo next year!
I'm excited and I'll probably be just playing games I've yet to complete from current gen. I guess it's just new tech coming which is always exciting for me.

Soldato
I’m unreasonably excited. Growing up I never got new consoles, and not being able to go out this year has made me spend more time on games again.

I also feel the launch lineup is very strong on both consoles. I’m looking forward particularly to Destiny: Beyond Light which I will be playing for free on Xbox Series S with game pass, and Spiderman Remastered on PS5 (never played the original).

I am worried for people who preordered to pick up in person given the lockdown - hope the retailers come through on shipping them out instead.

Soldato
Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed for new gen??

I'm not as excited as I have been in the past. Maybe its just age or the feeling its not going to be as big of an upgrade we're used to getting.

If I was on the one X (or PS4 pro) I'd be the same, however I am looking forward to the higher resolution and Dolby vision on my new TV. Also combined with this being the first console I've got on launch, there isn't much to look forward to this winter and the wait certainly adds to the event.

Soldato
https://gfycat.com/oilyphonychicken the RT in WDL is certainly impressive. No wonder the game takes such a hit in fps/resolution. Native 4K 60fps in an openworld game was never a reality with RT on. Devs will no doubt come up with some clever solutions later on in the consoles lifetime but for a launch title it looks pretty good. I'm amazed we're getting ray traced reflections at all on consoles. It's a big leap.

Man of Honour
Looking forward to the 11th here in NZ as that is when my Series X will be delivered! Should be one of the earliest recievers in the world :)

You won’t be one of the first if you only get it on the 11th, even if you’re in that time zone.

Most people will be getting it early in the morning (or midnight of they’re keen) on the 10th. Even with the 13 hour time difference to Europe that puts you half a day behind those that get it on the 10th.

Soldato
https://gfycat.com/oilyphonychicken the RT in WDL is certainly impressive. No wonder the game takes such a hit in fps/resolution. Native 4K 60fps in an openworld game was never a reality with RT on. Devs will no doubt come up with some clever solutions later on in the consoles lifetime but for a launch title it looks pretty good. I'm amazed we're getting ray traced reflections at all on consoles. It's a big leap.

ML-based super sampling will likely be the key to delivering 4K and 60fps and RT. Just a shame it isn't ready yet. Hopefully they have it sorted in time for Avowed, Hellblade 2, etc.

Soldato
I can’t make myself sit down and play a game at the moment.
I tend to finish all the games I buy, one at a time, but have a couple in the backlog that I didn’t for whatever reason. Tried to play a few, but with next gen and platform / ecosystem switch , I can’t get into anything.

Associate
If I was on the one X (or PS4 pro) I'd be the same, however I am looking forward to the higher resolution and Dolby vision on my new TV. Also combined with this being the first console I've got on launch, there isn't much to look forward to this winter and the wait certainly adds to the event.
Yeah, I'd feel more excited if I was coming from original xbox and ps4 for sure. I think old age is starting to creep in .. haha

Associate
I’m unreasonably excited. Growing up I never got new consoles, and not being able to go out this year has made me spend more time on games again.

I also feel the launch lineup is very strong on both consoles. I’m looking forward particularly to Destiny: Beyond Light which I will be playing for free on Xbox Series S with game pass, and Spiderman Remastered on PS5 (never played the original).

I am worried for people who preordered to pick up in person given the lockdown - hope the retailers come through on shipping them out instead.
Personally, I think its more of the launch games being a bit lame to me. Fair few of them are remakes/remasters. Although, I am looking forward to playing Demon Souls though.

Soldato
I think I’m the only person that cannot stand Demon Souls...lol...

Launch games are a bit thin especially with Cyberpunk being delayed again. Does seem a bit odd having a new Xbox console with no Halo or Forza.

Hopefully the game situation will pick up next year but can see why people are waiting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I’m the only person that cannot stand Demon Souls...lol...

Launch games are a bit thin especially with Cyberpunk being delayed again. Does seem a bit odd having a new Xbox console with no Halo or Forza.

Hooefully the game situation will pick up next year but can see why people are waiting.
Your not the only one! Don't like it either

Associate
Only Halo 1 and Forza 5 were launch titles IIRC but I agree Xbox could do with a good exclusive or two. The console generations are much more blurred than they used to be.

Soldato
I cant help but feel I should cancel my preorder, I have an X preordered with amazon but haven't preordered a single game yet as there just isn't anything that is jumping out at me as a must play.

It might just be a case of open the box and set it up see if that ignites the flame.

I do however have a PS5 and a few games preordered too that I'm looking forward too... although I am a huge souls fan so Demons Souls was enough to sell it for me as I played it from importing the Japanese release after watching a few early gameplay videos.

Back
Top Bottom