NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
Thanks, now that I've used it during a gaming session last night and also browsing for half an hour I'm going to admit despite how nice it looks I'm a little less impressed

All the reviews i read said it's quiet but I can definitely hear it, no where near as loud as the Wraith Prism but I can hear it revving up and down and it's a little whiney

Also after an hour of gaming CPU hit 73C peak temp which is fine but for the price I would expect it to be better than the Wraith Prism which I've never seen go over 72C even in warmer ambient temps

My system temps were also up due to the missing too down cooler air flow which means my system fans get louder

I'm tempted to pick up a 120mm top down cooler for testing, I want to scratch the itch that might prove a top down cooler performs better in this case than a tower cooler with TG panel

Are you sure clocks are the same? Could be that you're seeing a higher boost clock with the U9S.

Soldato
Worth trying the cooler fan as an intake? What happens if you unplug the top exhausts?

Just curious whether the CPU fan and case fans might be fighting over the same air.

Might be worth trying as intake but it'll suck in dust from the rear of the case. I could try disconnecting the exhaust fans but not to sure on that because they are pulling hot air straight out, without them there is going to be a build up of hot air so I would expect temps to rise but might be worth a try

What CPU are you using with the Jonsbo CR 1400 and what temps do you get with TG panel?

Soldato
OP
without them there is going to be a build up of hot air so I would expect temps to rise but might be worth a try

No doubt. But if you stick a CPU bench on and compare with the top fans on and off, it'll tell you if they're causing issues with the CPU fan.

I get about 80'C under load, R5 2600, ~3.8GHz boost clock. Not great. But not awful. However the system is a lot quieter than it was when I had a Wraith Stealth in there. I could likely get much better temps if I upped the fan curve a bit and swapped the fans for better ones. Given it's an £18 cooler with ARGB lighting on the fan and the heatsink, I've got no grumbles :p TBH I don't fuss much. If it's quiet and games run, I'm happy.

I'll upgrade to the U9S, Arctic Freezer 33 eSports or Big Shuriken at some point, hence the interest in seeing how you're getting on with the U9S. Haven't decided which cooler to go for yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
No doubt. But if you stick a CPU bench on and compare with the top fans on and off, it'll tell you if they're causing issues with the CPU fan.

I get about 80'C under load, R5 2600, ~3.8GHz boost clock. Not great. But not awful. However the system is a lot quieter than it was when I had a Wraith Stealth in there. I could likely get much better temps if I upped the fan curve a bit and swapped the fans for better ones. Given it's an £18 cooler with ARGB lighting on the fan and the heatsink, I've got no grumbles :p TBH I don't fuss much. If it's quiet and games run, I'm happy.

I'll upgrade to the U9S, Arctic Freezer 33 eSports or Big Shuriken at some point, hence the interest in seeing how you're getting on with the U9S. Haven't decided which cooler to go for yet.

Good tip I'll give that a try when I get chance

Yeah that little Jonsbo cooler is great value, as you can probably tell I fuss, a lot. I want to know why the Wraith Prism performs so well and aftermarket options have struggled to match or beat it, there must be a reason for this witchcraft

I couldn't find a Freezer 33 anywhere, looked everywhere for one, arctic has discontinued it. I'm toying with the idea of buying a big Shuriken 3 to test and compare it to the others I've tried

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to know why the Wraith Prism performs so well and aftermarket options have struggled to match or beat it, there must be a reason for this witchcraft
Maybe time to consider it really isn't a bad cooler!
How much of your thoughts are driven by the old "it's a stock cooler, therefore it must be junk" mindset? Looking at the specs it's a pretty beefy copper based cooler with heatpipes, it's a far cry from the crappy old stock coolers we used to see bundled with processors.

Soldato
Maybe time to consider it really isn't a bad cooler!
How much of your thoughts are driven by the old "it's a stock cooler, therefore it must be junk" mindset? Looking at the specs it's a pretty beefy copper based cooler with heatpipes, it's a far cry from the crappy old stock coolers we used to see bundled with processors.

You're absolutely right, its just far too loud I can hear it when gaming with a headset on and I refuse to believe it cant be beaten by an aftermarket option regards noise and performance

I will find an upgrade for it that I'm happy with and annoy you all in the process!

Soldato
Good tip I'll give that a try when I get chance

Yeah that little Jonsbo cooler is great value, as you can probably tell I fuss, a lot. I want to know why the Wraith Prism performs so well and aftermarket options have struggled to match or beat it, there must be a reason for this witchcraft

I couldn't find a Freezer 33 anywhere, looked everywhere for one, arctic has discontinued it. I'm toying with the idea of buying a big Shuriken 3 to test and compare it to the others I've tried

I have one sitting on a shelf

Soldato
Freezer 33 or big Shuriken? Either or, if you're interested in selling I'm interested in buying as long as it's in as new condition and complete, boxed with all parts, if that's the case you'll need to put up a thread in the MM

Yea all the bits are there for it, didn't use it for long tbh.

Associate
Replaced the Sickleflows with some Noctuas NF-a12x25s. Yeah night and day difference. Was running the sickleflows at 900rpm and occasionally get that weird hum resonance sound from one of the fans.

Now the noctuas are at 1100rpm and are dead silent.

Now just waiting for 3080 tuf to ever come back in stock...and torn on which zen 3 to try and get.

Glad the case made changing the fans super easy with it's pop off panels. There was already some dust on the top panel...so much for these dust filters.

Associate
For those running with the x63, how do you guys manage to control top 2x 120x25mm + 2x 120x15mm + 2x radiators fans + pump header with only 3 fan headers on motherboard please?

Soldato
Ordered an alpenfohn Brocken Eco Advance to test if anyone's interested I'll post the results in the next couple of days
Yep, definitely interested in your results.
How's everyone getting on with this case? Any negatives?
Still loving it here. No real negatives from my point of view, just a few quirks around preferences. Sometimes it feels caught out by it's own size, too small to comfortably do a custom water loop or a full size tower air cooler, yet when you switch to a different combination of parts it suddenly can look like it has too much wasted space! I'm enjoying having the latter problem right now after coming from a case where I had to improvise to get things to fit, but I feel the novelty will wear off and I'll want to try and rework for a more dense build again.

Back
Top Bottom