Looking for PC Builder in Lanarkshire/Glasgow Area

Associate
To merge my gaming & server rig and to fit a new MB bundle into my HTPC

Most seem to have went out of business during the pandemic

Not got the time to do myself

Associate
OP
I'm assuming that if you're not buying the components direct then companies aren't interested?

So far had a one man band established for years quote then renege (the H200 card spooked them)

Another large company been established for decades stating not got the time/too complicated even though I gave them the step by step guide to flashing the H200

Another company quoted £300+ to do it

Looks like I'll end up having to do it myself

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone building your PC will presumably have to warranty it etc. At which point asking for them to flash unsupported firmware onto a card is understandably something they won't want to do.

Be easier to supply your own flashed card at that point. Or get one off ebay. (flashed card I mean)

Associate
OP
Go further a field?

Although surely you can spare an hour a night and do it yourself seen as it's been a few months now.
Working a 50 hour week and got a wife and two weans so not really got the spare time tbh

also as I’m supplying the parts dont really want to courier it to someone out of the local area in case it gets damaged or lost

Associate
OP
Anyone building your PC will presumably have to warranty it etc. At which point asking for them to flash unsupported firmware onto a card is understandably something they won't want to do.

Be easier to supply your own flashed card at that point. Or get one off ebay. (flashed card I mean)
I did explain to one of the shops that actually bothered saying he wasn’t interested because of him thinking he needed to supply a warranty that as long as the machine booted I would do any troubleshooting but he still didn’t want to know

Think your right re flashing the card myself the main issue other than time is my gaming rig isn’t booting at the moment will need to get to the bottom of it (or buy a preflashed card from flea bay)

Associate
OP
Well to bring this to a conclusion FINALLY got my machine back (after taking 6 weeks to get a one man band to commit)

Running like a dream now (once I uninstalled the Windows 10 Pro N version and went down the LIMITED Local account mode)

Back
Top Bottom