• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Watchdogs at 4K

Soldato
Honestly it looks absolutely fantastic in 4k hdr. Perhaps the best game graphically I've ever played. Shame it's so cpu limited.
Agreed, it looks really great & the best part is there's no real weakness to any aspect graphically (ok - the npcs, but still no one does them better in an OWG). For me it's the texture work & lod distances which are absolutely the best in any game out so far. Definitely worth playing in HDR, going between SDR & HDR, holy heck, it's like two different games! HDR really makes the image SO much better. When I turn HDR on it feels like I finally have my glasses on and can see properly compared to SDR. I really didn't expect the difference to be so big.

Soldato
Agreed, it looks really great & the best part is there's no real weakness to any aspect graphically (ok - the npcs, but still no one does them better in an OWG). For me it's the texture work & lod distances which are absolutely the best in any game out so far. Definitely worth playing in HDR, going between SDR & HDR, holy heck, it's like two different games! HDR really makes the image SO much better. When I turn HDR on it feels like I finally have my glasses on and can see properly compared to SDR. I really didn't expect the difference to be so big.
I actually tried doing this at night in the game in the area around the shard and london bridge underground station with the lights. What a difference it makes, really. You have to see it to believe it. The ray tracing with these lights in puddles too. Top marks for visuals.

Soldato
it seems like the game only works well on the very latest cpus (probably cause the console CPUs are ryzen 5000 based). A few ppl are whining about dx 12, theres no problem there, the game perf. is a lot better than in dx 11 mode. Obviously its the game engine itself, which appears to have similar flaws to the AC series. There arent any options to turn down cpu calculations relating to NPCs also, or general game logic

Last edited:
Soldato
it seems like the game only works well on the very latest cpus (probably cause the console CPUs are ryzen 5000 based). A few ppl are whining about dx 12, theres no problem there, the game perf. is a lot better than in dx 11 mode. Obviously its the game engine itself, which appears to have similar flaws to the AC series. There any manyoptions to turn down cpu calculations relating to NPCs also, or general game logic

the consoles are based on ryzen3000 apus, they have nothing to do with ryzen 5000

no one should be surprised that a next gen game requires a next gen cpu - you really want at least 8 cores with high ipc for this game or you will have a bad time

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder if microsoft and sony will do a console refresh with an updated CPU in a year or so? Maybe with an upgraded fab process too, like tsmc 5nm (high end products due next year).

Soldato
Wonder if microsoft and sony will do a console refresh with an updated CPU in a year or so? Maybe with an upgraded fab process too, like tsmc 5nm (high end products due next year).
If they do a refresh at all, it will be GPU + memory. They won't touch the CPU. Same as before. But 4 years into the gen, not so soon.

Soldato
well, the last gen got suped up versions with higher clocked CPUs, not hard to imagine the same thing happening again if they can sell ppl console upgrades. Could take a while though, I suppose.

Alas, still no upgradable consoles or the ability to install an OS (thats officially supported). Not much reason to implement this from their point view.

Last edited:
Soldato
it would be interesting to see some of the latest cpuz running watchdogs at 6hz or higher on liquid nitrogen, just to see what the difference is.

Has there been much testing /comparison yet to see what difference 4/8/12/16 cpu cores makes in watch dogs legion?

Maybe someone with a 16 core cpu could give this a go (by disabling cores in the BIOS).

Soldato
Soldato
At least I know it might be worth enabling hyperthreading on my quad core 4770k...

Even though it adds 5- 10 degrees to the core load temps and requires more voltage :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom