SSC Tuatara hits 331mph (or not)

Man of Honour
Running the numbers is meaningless. We should all at least acknowledge that. That's like saying "I put my bicycle in the wind tunnel for aero gains" you can't factor in any other environmental variables.

The ratio in 6th at 8600rpm mathematically matches the speed reached at least.

Simulations aren't perfect representations of the real world no and there will be some engineer aspects on a project like this which won't be public knowledge - but the are many areas that are well understood and well modelled when it comes to gears, transmission, tyres, etc. and when things aren't even in the right ballpark it raises some questions.

That video from Jerod Shelby sounds incincere to me. Like he's been caught in a lie and is trying his damndest to sound hurt and troubled by it all. Certainly wouldn't win any oscars for his performance in my opinion.

Be interesting to see if they set out to actually do a proven run to set the record straight or whether they are hoping it will all go away and people will forget about it with time.

Associate
Surely if the guy was sincere and thought they had done the record they would just release all the raw video and GPS data. Not exactly difficult. There no way it did 330mph based upon the hypothesis put out by shmee et al

Back
Top Bottom