Chicken Bovril - Where has this gone?

Soldato
Just stumbled on this thread through Google because I too have noticed the shortage. Have some Beef Bovril as I'm quite partial to it on toast, tried chicken Bovril a couple of months ago and became a bit obsessed by it :D

It went out of stock at my local Morrisons a few weeks ago when I went to try some again. Thought nothing of it until I then noticed that it wasn't available at the next nearest Morrisons, nor at the local Tesco or Asda.

Bit annoyed that it seems there's a national shortage, I've had a hankering for it over the last couple of days :D

Soldato
OP
At this point I am thinking they have simply shut down the chicken machines and sacked the chicken line workers to save cash due to the obvious. For some reason they can't bring themselves be upfront about it. Place your bets, which will come into stock first? An RTX3080 graphics card, or a pot of chicken bovril? Actually, nobody tell OCUK there is a chicken bovril shortage, they will probably put it up for pre-order. :)

Caporegime
At this point I am thinking they have simply shut down the chicken machines and sacked the chicken line workers to save cash due to the obvious. For some reason they can't bring themselves be upfront about it. Place your bets, which will come into stock first? An RTX3080 graphics card, or a pot of chicken bovril? Actually, nobody tell OCUK there is a chicken bovril shortage, they will probably put it up for pre-order. :)
I want to enjoy a warming chicken bovril whilst gaming on my new 3080.

Tis’ but a dream :(

Soldato
Noticed this years ago, only now and then I'd see it on shelves. Mind you I wasn't actually buying it. Grew up drinking chicken Bovril, used to chill me out.

Associate
Just so you know... I wrote to Bovril on the FB page to ask about it (considering the Chicken Bovril was on their header photo there)... and after a bit of toing and froing where they explained that no stores carried it any more... they said "Unfortunately you can't buy it directly from ourselves. However if you keep your eyes peeled it will be back in stores soon!" Meanwhile, I've had luck finding it in corner stores and other places where the turnover of stock isn't so fast.

Soldato
OP
Is it too early to be comparing the 2020 Chicken Bovril famine to the Irish Potato Famine of 1845? I mean potatoes are alright, but they are no Chicken Bovril ;)

Associate
Is it too early to be comparing the 2020 Chicken Bovril famine to the Irish Potato Famine of 1845? I mean potatoes are alright, but they are no Chicken Bovril ;)

Probably closer to the great KFC chicken shortage a couple of years ago. At least no one died anyway!

Associate
Can confirm even Malta has a shortage apparently... I can't find it anywhere!!
It's my childhood favourite dish with pasta and my comfort food at exam time - which is very soon :eek:

#BringBackBovrilChicken

Associate
That's not chicken bovril. :D

Fair enough , sure it isn't chicken bovril i can understand why people would snuff there noses at my suggestion but what else would replace chicken bovril, i don't know so you can decide.

Won't have the same texture or taste or thickness i can understand,

Hope you guys find something unless it is back in stock,

Dan.

Back
Top Bottom