Google Pixel 5

im not so sure a lot of people are saying the pixels dont really get that big of a discount on black friday especially in the UK.

if the pixel 5 was £500 its much more appealing but £600 i feel is just too much for what you get and the poor quality control.
I'm 70 percent sure it happened before, big £8p or £100 discount on black Friday. Plenty people were upset that such a big drop in such a short time. I'd personally wait it out, but it's 3 weeks away

Associate
I'm 70 percent sure it happened before, big £8p or £100 discount on black Friday. Plenty people were upset that such a big drop in such a short time. I'd personally wait it out, but it's 3 weeks away

Goggle said it was built for the "bad times" its possible there is more margin the retail price than normal (whatever that is)

Soldato
Got tracking details through for my headphones this morning. Took a good few days after the confirmation they had shipped. I also claimed on the day I received the phone on the 14th.

Also since everyone has been talking about it...no screen gap, well at least that I can spot.

Soldato
Got tracking details through for my headphones this morning. Took a good few days after the confirmation they had shipped. I also claimed on the day I received the phone on the 14th.

Also since everyone has been talking about it...no screen gap, well at least that I can spot.
Claimed on the 14th and only just shipped? How are they shipping/which company? I'm due to move house so would be good to know if I will easily be able to redirect (i.e. Royal Mail as part of the standard redirect service) or if I'm going to need to badger Google in advance.

Soldato
Two bugs I've got currently.

Sometimes I wake up to my phone being very hot with no apps running and lost maybe 30% battery, other nights its fine and I lose maybe 5% battery (phone not left on charge)

And the other bug being battery related as well with it not calculating correctly how long till 100%.

Soldato
Claimed on the 14th and only just shipped? How are they shipping/which company? I'm due to move house so would be good to know if I will easily be able to redirect (i.e. Royal Mail as part of the standard redirect service) or if I'm going to need to badger Google in advance.

Shipped it via DHL. Email confirming they were being shipped was received on the 29th. I believe once your claim is validated they say allow 14 working days to be shipped from that point on so certainly within the time window they mentioned once validated.

Associate
I didn't think I had the gap issue, but actually now knowing its generally always in the top left I ran my finger nail along the seam between screen and case and mine does separate ie , doesn't seem to be stuck down in that corner, I assume this affects the waterproofing. Whether I can be bothered to do anything about it is another matter....

Soldato
GSMArena, having spotted lower than expected performance from a 765g in the review unit, have found the same on a replacement unit, and they speculate that Google has downclocked the SoC.

Associate
Tempted to cancel my pixel 5 order (google still awaiting stock). The recent build quality issues and now the below info are putting me off. Was not too chuffed at the price for a mid spec device from the start, but was desperate for a pixel after skipping the pixel 4.

https://amp.hothardware.com/news/android-11-performance-degradation

Upgrade to Android 11 on Pixels = performance downgrade

Soldato
GSMArena, having spotted lower than expected performance from a 765g in the review unit, have found the same on a replacement unit, and they speculate that Google has downclocked the SoC.
Coming from a note 20 ultra it feels no different, snappy and responsive. Maybe I'd notice a difference if I gamed on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom