US election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't get this, why the shame? Is it because they know it's wrong and a bad idea? Then why do it?

Probably because the other side is so vocal. Again, to use the Scottish independence argument. The leave side were incredibly vocal, their rallies were very well organised and well attended. They painted a very negative picture of the remainers. Could those who want to remain be bothered to argue with such people? Probably not. I voted to remain, I believe it was the best thing at the time. I tried to articulate that point but it's like arguing on here with the racists, they just don't budge. So it's easier to just not get involved.

Associate
Selfishly I hope that Biden wins, as it seems like he'll be a fairly quiet president. It'd be nice to reduce the amount of air time American politics gets over here if nothing else.

Realistically what I can say for certain is that a lot of people are going to be unhappy either way and the aftermath is probably going to be anything but quiet.

Soldato
OP
You hope that Biden, a corrupt establishment politician that can barely speak, hasn’t done anything worthwhile in 47 years, sold his office out to China for billions through his family, is leader of the free world? Joke

Soldato
If you ask people they won't admit to voting for Trump/Brexit as they seem ashamed and don't want to admit to supporting them.

I don't think people are ashamed but feel attacked by the bigoted views/opinions of people who wanted to remain in the EU or who are anti-trump (usually seem to be same people).

Caporegime
Walmart literally stopped the sale of firearms to try and reduce the damage that will inevitably happen as a result of this election.

If that doesn't tell you what a dumpster fire that country is then nothing will.

Soldato
OP
And DC has been boarded up in anticipation of a Trump victory and the incoming ‘peaceful protests’ by Biden supporters/ANTIFA that won’t accept their distorted world view doesn’t align with reality

Caporegime
40 minutes and running, i'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this already.

No we need it left open to see just how wrong the OP will be.

He will be wrong, because Trump won't win an "overwhelming" victory.

It will be one of the below:

Wrong - A Trump win, but not an overwhelming victory
Very Wrong - Biden Wins a narrow victory
Hilariously wrong - Biden wins an overwhelming victory

Soldato
It just baffles me that in a country of 300+ million people, these are apparently the best 2.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump gets in again. The way the collegiate system works and the fact that the more traditional, silent republican will still vote for Trump means he still seems in with a good chance.

Associate
And DC has been boarded up in anticipation of a Trump victory and the incoming ‘peaceful protests’ by Biden supporters/ANTIFA that won’t accept their distorted world view doesn’t align with reality

That's a little biased.
I read the same on a fox news article, but it mentioned a few cities and didn't blame any party, just whatever decision was made was contentious.

Permabanned
It just baffles me that in a country of 300+ million people, these are apparently the best 2.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump gets in again. The way the collegiate system works and the fact that the more traditional, silent republican will still vote for Trump means he still seems in with a good chance.

When almost your entire base is a fact denying CT gun toting fake news lover, like Tang, then he could pretty much take a dump on the flag and they would still lap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom