Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
That's playing quest 2 games, using it as a charging cable right? Rather than PCVR?

I've used it for both (to just charge and PCVR). However, as I've now got remote desktop working well I only use the cable to charge, it charges whilst playing, slowly but still charges and if not using the Quest 2 it charges it ~1.5 hours.

Soldato
The MVHStudio strap is very good indeed, really comfy with the battery pack holder built in.

You can even remove the faceplate for a wider FOV as its not needed due to the forehead strap.

Caporegime
The MVHStudio strap is very good indeed, really comfy with the battery pack holder built in.

You can even remove the faceplate for a wider FOV as its not needed due to the forehead strap.

I think I'll grab one when they come back in stock. How easy is it to change for a different user?

Soldato
Can somebody advise what cable i need in order to use the quest 2 with the PC? are you also able to use steam games?

A USB2 cable will work, but a USB3 cable is preferred.
The big issues that the normal limit for USB3 cable length is about 3m which isn't long enough for a lot of games. There are longer cables but they tend to be more expensive.

And yes you can play both PC Oculus and Steam games using a USB cable.

There's also Virtual Desktop which allows you to play PC VR games wirelessly, but requires setting up a developer account and sideloading. Plus the results are highly variable depending on your WiFi setup.

Associate
A USB2 cable will work, but a USB3 cable is preferred.
The big issues that the normal limit for USB3 cable length is about 3m which isn't long enough for a lot of games. There are longer cables but they tend to be more expensive.

And yes you can play both PC Oculus and Steam games using a USB cable.

There's also Virtual Desktop which allows you to play PC VR games wirelessly, but requires setting up a developer account and sideloading. Plus the results are highly variable depending on your WiFi setup.

Cheers for the reply, is there a preferred/tried and tested cable?

Soldato
There's now a wait list up on the MVHStudios site for the headstrap. Price has also gone up by a tenner (not a huge shocker though, to be fair - it was priced too low to begin with).

Soldato
OP
There's now a wait list up on the MVHStudios site for the headstrap. Price has also gone up by a tenner (not a huge shocker though, to be fair - it was priced too low to begin with).

He commented when he first posted it up on Reddit that after expenses, he didn't actually make very much on each item, and he did them more as a hobby. I guess given the amount of orders coming in, he's trying to actually earn from his time spent (and the time that the 3d printers are running for).

Soldato

Thanks for the heads up. Just joined the waiting list.

Currently #55 out of 55.

Waiting list for everything these days.

Soldato
Associate
Thanks, got myself on the list 72nd
Bit annoying as I had emailed him about the headstrap and hadn't got a response. Hopefully they don't take to long to get

Back
Top Bottom