Opinions on flush-casement windows?

Associate
Has anyone gone for the above? Are there any considerations other than the appearance?

Any pics of your installs? Did you go white or another colour?

Do we think its a tacky trend or safe buy for 20+ years?

Context; replacing windows on 1980s traditional detached, was gonna just get the standard white PVC +lead, but missus likes the flush casement look.

Thanks!

Associate
I looked at various designs of flush casement uPVC windows and was not convinced the sealing was any where near as good as the standard design. Also anything other than perfect manufacturing (something I've never seen) could affect the seal as I saw on some demo windows and that's before we consider fitters that inevitably very slightly distort some frames during fitting.

Then there's the issue of dummy sashes to make all sections look the same reducing glazing area - the impact depends on the size and layout of your windows but something to consider if you have more openers or smaller sections in any windows.

As for colour the black seals will show so darker colours will look better.

Associate
OP
I looked at various designs of flush casement uPVC windows and was not convinced the sealing was any where near as good as the standard design. Also anything other than perfect manufacturing (something I've never seen) could affect the seal as I saw on some demo windows and that's before we consider fitters that inevitably very slightly distort some frames during fitting.

Then there's the issue of dummy sashes to make all sections look the same reducing glazing area - the impact depends on the size and layout of your windows but something to consider if you have more openers or smaller sections in any windows.

As for colour the black seals will show so darker colours will look better.

Thanks for this - I will pay special attention to the seals and colouring. I think it might be n/a now, missus coming round to the idea of standard white casement windows with colouring on the door.

Back
Top Bottom