** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
It's heavy enough so hopefully un-fling-able :)
They once delivered some cat food I'd ordered online. Quite a lot of it, probably weighed > 20kg, definitely un-flingable. Pretty sure they saw that as a challenge :D Exploded cat food pouches everywhere...
Hopefully they'll see it's a monitor from the box & treat it with at least some care!

Associate
Samsung have released a new firmware update that fixes the flicker problem. The have added a new "VRR Control" setting under system. Turning it on removes the flick. Problem solved!

Associate
Just so I'm ready for tomorrow, what are the issues to look out for? And what are the remedies? Latest firmware as above, any particular driver? I've got a 3080, any particular drive I should use? I think I'm up to date there already.

Associate
I got an email this morning saying my replacement was being processed and will be shipped in 3 days but then I got another email early afternoon saying:

"We received update from the internal team that the replacement was not successful due to stock issue. We would like to know if want a refund of your order."

Well that's disappointing. I'll probably just wait for stock to come back.

Associate
No, sitting further away doesn't help. The scanlines are extremely prevalent WHEN they happen, though they didn't appear in games or movies the 2 weeks I had it so far.

Dammit... I had them bad on the top line - I had yellow sticky notes on Windows that I could drag around and it was very apparent on a yellow background with the black scan-lines. I thought i could see them because I was sitting too close by...

I have still have no word from Samsung ...

Associate
I got an email this morning saying my replacement was being processed and will be shipped in 3 days but then I got another email early afternoon saying:

"We received update from the internal team that the replacement was not successful due to stock issue. We would like to know if want a refund of your order."

Well that's disappointing. I'll probably just wait for stock to come back.

I will probably get the same soon then ... sad they do not give a clue as to when they will have stock etc or whether they are discreetly looking over stock again etc.

Associate
I will probably get the same soon then ... sad they do not give a clue as to when they will have stock etc or whether they are discreetly looking over stock again etc.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether or not to just ask for a refund. I can't really afford a new GPU atm until I sell my 2080, but obviously I don't want to be stuck without one due to stock issues. So if I got a refund I'd at least have the money in case the 3080/6800XT becomes available. But at the same time I don't want the Odyssey to come back in stock and end up missing out on that. I'd rather have the monitor and no new GPU than a new GPU and no monitor.

Associate
This my G9 N7 1006.2 stop flickering when I change Black stabilzer 18, all other values cause flickering.

I test this .GIF
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/02...-q=50&q=92&s=0d153a1f5b7af1a570f2128d92a0a508

Im not so happy with this.

Whine and scanlines 240hz, flicker, no auto wakeup when I turn PC on...

Previous N6 have same problems + bezel light bleed.

Woah, that gif really does show how bad the scanline problem on my monitor is. The whole screen appears to get dimmer and the scanlines appear, then it gets brighter and is fine.

I've had these scanlines on other monitors that have been factory-overclocked to 165Hz whilst being native 144Hz panels, which suggests that this VA panel just can't handle 240Hz consistently.

I've requested an RMA for mine for this and other issues (the adaptive-sync flickering and an issue that I don't think other people are having where a particular vertical segment of the display freaks out every once in a while for a brief moment and then recovers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3SfxTrMNpY).

Associate
I see there is now a hotfix for the flicker and thinking of re-ordering but honestly not sure if I should go 32 g7 now instead of the 27.

Is there a pixel density noticeable difference between the two sizes of the G7? What would you suggest.

Associate
Also does anybody know the different between these two model numbers of the G7 27inch? Is it Region or upgraded model

lc27g73tqsuxen
lc27g75tqsuxen

Difference is the g73 and g75

Permabanned
Samsung G7 Odyssey - new firmware 1009.3 : Monitors (reddit.com)

Some claim the flickering is fixed (new VRR toggle setting in OSD) but it may be disabling something to do so it not ideal and no doubt still takes 5 secs to show a image and G-Sync Set Up pop up most times

I will not be buying another for sure as what is the point of these monitors not to have these features on (VRR/LFC).

Last edited:
Associate
Samsung G7 Odyssey - new firmware 1009.3 : Monitors (reddit.com)

Some claim the flickering is fixed (new VRR toggle setting in OSD) but it may be disabling something to do so it not ideal and no doubt still takes 5 secs to show a image and G-Sync Set Up pop up most times

I will not be buying another for sure as what is the point of these monitors not to have these features on (VRR/LFC).

Just read that thread and people are literally showing that LFC / VRR still works, and my one test in Pendulum demo also shows the same results. I'd go as far to say that this is an option that should have been in the monitor from release day, instead of assuming Samsung have removed features to fix an issue, at least until we get more actual information / testing.

Back
Top Bottom