Does anybody have a Glass Guide account that they could check a price for me?

Soldato
I was in an accident a few weeks ago, and the repairers have valued the vehicle at £20k, however that sounds far too high IMO. Almost the exact same age & mileage vehicle is priced at £18k at BMW Farnborough.

It'd be good to see what Glass have on their database.

Associate
...on the basis that £20k is 'far too high', just intrigued as to what circumstance that would be a bother.

It could be the issue that car would be written off if 18K but repaired if car worth 20K.

In a bad accident that was borderline repairable I would be aiming for write off as well.

Man of Honour
I was going to do it privately

But BMW ActiveHybrid 5, 2015, and around 36,800 miles

Heh, very interesting. Nearly bought one one myself about 4 years ago but decided it was too much of a risk given the totally weird values.

2015 on that mileage books at 20725 retail and 17425 trade.

It is likely this is an over-valuation frankly but it would explain the repairers view as they'll go off this or similar data.

I can't imagine you'd need more than £17k to drive one off a forecourt at the moment. They are a very marmite car.

Soldato
OP
...on the basis that £20k is 'far too high', just intrigued as to what circumstance that would be a bother.

It's not a bother, it's more just pure surprise tbh.
I bought it for £23k almost 4 years ago and now I've received this quote, something felt a bit off as I'd have expected it to have lost a lot more value.

I was in a no-fault accident, unfortunately lady drove into my drivers side.
So far the damage is totalling about £13.5k which is approx. 66% of the value of the vehicle.

Associate
I was in an accident a few weeks ago, and the repairers have valued the vehicle at £20k, however that sounds far too high IMO. Almost the exact same age & mileage vehicle is priced at £18k at BMW Farnborough.

It'd be good to see what Glass have on their database.
I can CAP it for you if you pm me the reg and mileage

Man of Honour
Weren't they near enough a £50k car new?

£23k at a year-ish old, was it stolen or something? :p

They were absolutely hated on the used market. The extended warranty doesn't cover the battery system and its effectively just a 535i with more weight and a smaller boot that's not any more efficient. So people didn't buy them and dealers ended up stick with them.

Consequently there were some absolutely stunning deals, the fact it's just a heavy 535i is rather less of an issue when it's 10 grand cheaper :eek:

Back
Top Bottom