3080 FE cooling options

Associate
I was recently lucky enough to pickup a 3080 FE.

The only issue is it's far too loud for my liking, so I was looking to remedy that.

I've spent a while reading up on watercooling as it's not something I have any experience with. It currently appears like the only option is to look at setting up a custom loop as there are a number of blocks for this card on the market now.

Does anyone know of any AIO cooling solutions that would work with the 3080 FE? I think the only one I've found is using the NZXT G12, which apparently isn't suitable as it won't cover nearly enough of the card to cool it adequately.

My only goal is to reduce noise as I don't overclock. If a custom loop is my only option would it be worth watercooling my 3700x(which I may replace with a 5800/5900) also? It's currently cooled by a DH15 which works well, even if it is a bit bulky.

Associate
OP
There seems to be quite limited feedback on the noise levels from owners so far(probably because they are scarce) - I have however seen more people complain about the noise than say it's acceptable though.

They are quite loud and the fan makes a very distinct noise making it even more noticeable.

I like the spacing idea, but I don't have the room to do this. If I wasn't renting I would probably look at routing cables through an adjoining wall.

Soldato
Short term solution would be to undervolt it but all reviews seem to say it's quiet so maybe you are not getting enough fresh air to it?

Soldato
Undervolting seemingly allows you to keep 99 per cent of performance but with drastically reduced power usage and a quieter fan profile. I'd probably start there.

Back
Top Bottom