*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Went to see some Sonos stuff in store yesterday. My partner isn't keen on surround sound (think she's just being difficult) but I had managed to sway her to accepting a Beam and two Play One's for the rears.

When we got to the store she still wasn't massively keen so we looked at the Arc and were both quite impressed by it - even in a large store! Just wondering if anyone in here has the Arc and what they think about it in a home setting? It works out a little bit more expensive than getting the beam+Ones but it means the other half is happy by not having speakers everywhere.

The plan would still be to add the rears in at a later date but maybe get the sub to compliment the Arc a few months down the line

Soldato
The arc is great. Very good piece of kit and a much bigger improvement over the playbar.

Not sure how big your room is, but you might not even need the sub. I use mine with just the two play ones and it is more than enough. If I move I will probably add the sub but isn't needed now. However I would suggest you definitely add the rears before you do the sub they make a massive difference. Definitely just trueplay tuning with a apple device as well, as it really does increase the performance of the arc.

Associate
Went to see some Sonos stuff in store yesterday. My partner isn't keen on surround sound (think she's just being difficult) but I had managed to sway her to accepting a Beam and two Play One's for the rears.

When we got to the store she still wasn't massively keen so we looked at the Arc and were both quite impressed by it - even in a large store! Just wondering if anyone in here has the Arc and what they think about it in a home setting? It works out a little bit more expensive than getting the beam+Ones but it means the other half is happy by not having speakers everywhere.

The plan would still be to add the rears in at a later date but maybe get the sub to compliment the Arc a few months down the line

I have an Arc and Beam, the Arc sounds incredible, I have it paired with 2 1's as rears and the Sub.
We use the Beam in the bedroom, but will be moving it when we move.
Go back a couple of pages and look how to get the 30% from Sonos. Its worth it if you are spending this much :)

Soldato
The sub seemed to add a nice weight to the Arc. Made it a temptation for the sub right away!

@Daaaavvveee, we have vouchers from somewhere that doesn't take part of that deal. Though if they're still doing it in a few months then we may take advantage for the sub

Associate
Sent you my last code, enjoy.

You are a top man, I have the code but will wait a week or so to use it, I have literally just bought a bridge on ebay and will try that for the 30%, if it is unused I will let you know

Many thanks again, you are a scholar and a gent

Soldato
You are a top man, I have the code but will wait a week or so to use it, I have literally just bought a bridge on ebay and will try that for the 30%, if it is unused I will let you know

Many thanks again, you are a scholar and a gent
Are places still doing the 30% off using the Bridge?

Associate
seem to be, otherwise i wasted 15 on a useless bridge, I am going to do mine direct with sonos, it's on their front page

Soldato
seem to be, otherwise i wasted 15 on a useless bridge, I am going to do mine direct with sonos, it's on their front page
Unless something changed, Sonos will only give you 30% off a like-for-like product. So a bridge would get you 30% off a Boost.

From the Sonos site:

Notwithstanding the foregoing, customers redeeming a Bridge product will receive a Discount Code eligible solely for use on one (1) regular-priced Boost product on sonos.com. This Discount Code will not be eligible for use on any other product. All other restrictions, qualifications, and exclusions stated above for a Discount Credit apply.

Associate
paperweight it is, another alternative is to buy a play 5 gen 1 on the bay (About £130 there), with the discount against the arc at 30% (£240?) your getting it for free and still £110 up, does that work?

Associate
Associate
thanks but that's a trade in, ordered a Sonos 5 Play 1, will try to trade up from that, if that doesnt work then I will have an extra Sonos 5 and use the discount on the Sonos site

Associate
I am going to use play 1's as surround, so this way means I can put another play 1 in lounge and replace it in middle of house with play 5, should know soon enough if it works, supposed to be delivered tomorrow

Caporegime
Has anyone got the Arc with the official wall mount? If so, how much clearance is there between the back of the Arc and the wall please? Im talking specifically about the area that looks like a bit of a recess where the middle of the Arc would be on the mount, im assuming to allow a bit of room for the cables....

The reason im asking is I currently have a Beam that is wall mounted and it 'straddles' some cable trunking I have that goes in and behind the mount.

7V4jOQ1.png

Back
Top Bottom