Skoda Kodiaq - Thoughts?

Man of Honour
mhmm, you guys are right. Feel a bit of a fool :rolleyes:

I used carwow initially and they came back with 26.3k as the offer via PCP before I got them down a touch with initial deposits and options. I’m guessing the drive the deal price is a cash price and doesn’t factor in the actual cost I’d pay with interest over the 4 years? Similar to the carwow deal I’ve taken?
It's a finance price, iirc 3.9% interest, deposit contribution was same as in your OP (3.5k) which I believe is a Skoda promo. Depends whether you need the finance, if you don't just borrow the minimum amount permitted to get the discount and then withdrawn from the finance after you've received the car.

Sounds like you've got a good deal though if you've had the options thrown in for free.

I'd say so yes. Looks to be inline with carwow and broadspeed and I can't find anything any cheaper elsewhere. Even buying 12 months old gives limited benefit as the used prices are high.
Yeah cheapest 2020 Kodiaq SE L DSG on autotrader is £26,840, and that's a 69 plate not even 20 plate. I see this with a quite a few cars lately, used prices on nearly new often aren't saving all that much compared to brand new via a broker. It'll be like, you have a £25k list car brand new for £19k or a year old for £18k. I always wonder who is actually buying these nearly new cars, if they are that strapped for cash that they can't stump up the moolah for brand new, then why aren't they buying one that's a few years old? Just seems an odd segment of the market, you are buying into the vast majority of the effective deprecation and missing out on the benefits of buying new like full warranty etc.

Soldato
It'll be like, you have a £25k list car brand new for £19k or a year old for £18k. I always wonder who is actually buying these nearly new cars,
People who don't realise how much you can get discounted new and think the price is the price.

The list prices on the new Octavia have caused uproar in vRS owners groups I'm in and it's become increasingly apparent that most people don't realise there are deals to be done and it's unlikely you'll need to pay list prices. I've seen one broker detailing £5k off the vRS and the order book isn't even officially open yet.

Soldato
OP
Sure you'll be fine, but just have a quick read of this as in previous years Skoda haven't homologated the 1.5TD 7 seater for towing:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/429261-dont-buy-a-201718-150ps-4wd-man-7-seat-if-you-tow/
Cheers mate. I had a look through and it seems to be the manual version being discussed so hopefully the auto is ok.

I’ve had a callback from drive the deal, they can do 306 pm with same terms. I’m now comfortable in the deal I’ve got, just by it to wait a few months for the vehicle now :mad:

Can't type for toffee
Don
Did the exact same recently mate, was looking at the 1.5petrol manual, 25+week wait :(
I had a fairly long list of extras I wanted then test drove the auto, oh my its like cheating hahha

The local skoda dealer then found something very close to my spec in stock, downside was it was missing a few of my extras.
Went without the extras and took the in stock offer :D

Similar deal to yours as well 3.5K skoda contribution, dealer discount of 3.3K and 3.9%

AS for the towing metnioend above, if theyre fitting the towbar prep then you'll be fine.
AFAIK You get a grille with wider openings, a bigger intercooler and the wiring harness for the towbar

As hangtime said the "nearly new" prices really sit in an odd position, even moreseo when you looks at the skoda and dealer discounts available

Back
Top Bottom