• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best CPU Cooler under £50

Soldato
For an extra £5-10 over the eSports DUO you can get a Mugen 5 or Shadow Rock 3.

I'd lean towards the Mugen 5.

Hold in mind with the eSports DUO you're essentially getting this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £20.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Only you're spending an extra £15 on a paint job and an extra (arguably superior) fan.

Do yourself a favour and get one of these instead:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £93.98 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
Go with the arctic and save yourself the cash, the Mugen 5 performed performed poorly on my 3600, your 2600 might be ok but I believe this might be down to the baseplate of the Mugen being slightly convexed and better suited to intel IHS

Soldato
Go with the arctic and save yourself the cash, the Mugen 5 performed performed poorly on my 3600, your 2600 might be ok but I believe this might be down to the baseplate of the Mugen being slightly convexed and better suited to intel IHS

Literally never had a problem with the Mugen 5 with any Ryzen chip personally.

If he does go for Arctic he'd be better off saving £15 and getting the vanilla Freezer 34 regardless.

Soldato
The cooler worked but didn't perform as well as a Wraith Prism or Noctua NH-U9S

Both are much smaller coolers, it was quieter though

If it wasn't performing on par with a Prism there's something horribly wrong going on.

I've used them with a 1600AF, 3600, and 3700X and had fantastic results.

Soldato
If it wasn't performing on par with a Prism there's something horribly wrong going on.

I've used them with a 1600AF, 3600, and 3700X and had fantastic results.

Yeah maybe, no idea what that is though as the NH-U9S performs fine for a 92mm cooler and better than the Mugen did, the first Mugen arrived damaged and the second didn't perform as well as the stock cooler so it got sent back

Wont be trying another

Associate
Corsair A500 is on sale right now here at only £34.99 regular price 89.99.
It is within 3 deg difference with the Noctua NH-D15.
GN gave the cooler a Bad review but at the current sale price this is a good deal.

Associate
Another vote for the Arctic Freezer 34 esports (single or duo version), built my GF a rig recently and got her one of these, amazing value. Optimum Tech does a video where he compares it to higher end coolers and it performs very well for the price, acoustics are v solid too.

Associate
Another vote for the Arctic Freezer 34 esports (single or duo version), built my GF a rig recently and got her one of these, amazing value. Optimum Tech does a video where he compares it to higher end coolers and it performs very well for the price, acoustics are v solid too.

And another vote for Arctic.

Although I'm using a stupidly expensive Noctua on my new gaming PC, my old gaming PC is still going strong after being hammered for 9 years. I think the Arctic Freezer cooler I bought back then cost me £19 at the time; I have never got over how quiet, reliable and performant it has been. A little money really well spent.

Soldato

Not had a convexed CPU for 10+ years.even then, I've never had it that bad, it makes much odds. Did you just make that up :D

Soldato
Convexed CPU? Which one was that?

Edit: or rather concaved ?

Have a look at threads in the overclocking and cooling section by me the info is there. Then go on Google and have a read.

If I've mixed up concaved and convexed then my sincerest apologies I'm not going to pretend to understand it, all I know are the results I saw on my screen, what's in the thread I posted and what's available to read on Google etc

Soldato
Have a look at threads in the overclocking and cooling section by me the info is there. Then go on Google and have a read.

If I've mixed up concaved and convexed then my sincerest apologies I'm not going to pretend to understand it, all I know are the results I saw on my screen, what's in the thread I posted and what's available to read on Google etc

I've seen it many times before. But not for years (10+) maybe it was the cooler and it wouldn't make any odds if it was intel or AMD ?

I'll have a read tomorrow tho. Almost bed time.

Easy to mix them up but it's probably the cooler rather than the CPU I would have thought. I e had a shed load over the years and only ever seen it on core2quad and lower.

Soldato
I've seen it many times before. But not for years (10+) maybe it was the cooler and it wouldn't make any odds if it was intel or AMD ?

I'll have a read tomorrow tho. Almost bed time.

Easy to mix them up but it's probably the cooler rather than the CPU I would have thought. I e had a shed load over the years and only ever seen it on core2quad and lower.

Maybe but if was the cooler then it would have been some how faulty which is rare for an air cooler, the first arrived damaged with no damage to the box so a QC issue and the second didn't perform as well as a Wraith Prism so as you can probably imagine I don't find it an easy cooler to recommend

My current cooler is an NH-U9S which also performs better than the Mugen did and I've even ordered a alpenfohn Brocken Eco Advance because it's meant to have flat base with direct touch heat pipes to see how that performs

My case is limited to 153cm cooler height of you were wondering about the choice of coolers otherwise I would just have got another Dark Rock 4 or arctic eSports duo and called it a day

Back
Top Bottom