Some black blur

Associate
I don't know how to describe it but I have recently bought a monitor the G27QC-EK and when moving in minecraft dark things like text on signs blur is there a way to mitigate this. Do va panels have these kind of issues

Soldato
Its sounds pretty bad if its that noticeable, try looking in the menus for something called overdrive and have a play with the different settings. Also make sure you are running at high refresh rate

Associate
OP
i have tested overdrive and played with picture mode and none of these things have done anything it only seems to affect very certain shades of black

Associate
It's a VA panel and they all suffer from 'Black smear' to some degree. It's caused by slow pixel response times which is generally inerrant on all VA panels. Its the unfortunate trade off of having a much better contrast ratio than a IPS or TN panel.

Associate
My cheapo Samsung IPS does this, but only noticed it on an RTS game. I reduced it by playing with the settings, but ultimately just reverted as the colour wasn't as nice it was before.

Associate
OP
I will try to find a way to mitigate the black blur as it is the only problem I have with the monitor.
It's a VA panel and they all suffer from 'Black smear' to some degree. It's caused by slow pixel response times which is generally inerrant on all VA panels. Its the unfortunate trade off of having a much better contrast ratio than a IPS or TN panel.
this mentions pixel response time on this monitor it is 1ms is this slow?

Associate
I will try to find a way to mitigate the black blur as it is the only problem I have with the monitor.
this mentions pixel response time on this monitor it is 1ms is this slow?

The 1ms response time is referring to the latency, VA panels always have a problem with dark scenes and ghosting, if you want to reduce this then you need to enable the 'aim stabilizer' as this will greatly reduce the appearance of the black smearing at the cost of being unable to use freesync/g-sync.

Back
Top Bottom