Star Wars Squadrons

Associate
It's great as it's Star Wars but playing in VR I can only manage one mission at a time before it starts to make me feel motion sick. Still badly implemented VR.

they've fixed the bad HOTAS input so that works fine now. The missions are a bit shallow with not much in the way of tactics needed but it's Star Wars!

Caporegime
It's great as it's Star Wars but playing in VR I can only manage one mission at a time before it starts to make me feel motion sick. Still badly implemented VR.

they've fixed the bad HOTAS input so that works fine now. The missions are a bit shallow with not much in the way of tactics needed but it's Star Wars!

Yep, VR looks amazing but it's not quite good enough. I am trying to run it on a vega 56 though so that is probably most of the problem. It is very awesome being inside the cockpit of an xwing though. Like really, really cool. Multi-player really isn't that good though really.

Associate
Grabbed this for £16 on Epic, posting to remind me to play it later. No VR for me though, would love to try but can't risk getting labyrinthitis again. Even a barrel roll on a normal screen could hint at it for me.

Associate
Picked this up recently and finding the controls a little awkward with a controller, any settings people can recommend?
I had to swap from default controller settings to whatever the next one over was, southpaw maybe? It swaps roll and something else on the sticks around. The default just confused the life out of me and I'm not someone who ever uses invert controls or anything like that.

Caporegime
I have been playing this today with the settings maxed out on a 65" OLED , running at a constant 120fps, and oh my goodness is it glorious. They have done a good job with the flight engine, simplifying it for a gamepad yet not making it too dumb, and I am really enjoying the story mode. It's pretty damn hard on Veteran difficulty too. It's definitely Star Wars. :)

Man of Honour
I have been playing this today with the settings maxed out on a 65" OLED , running at a constant 120fps, and oh my goodness is it glorious. They have done a good job with the flight engine, simplifying it for a gamepad yet not making it too dumb, and I am really enjoying the story mode. It's pretty damn hard on Veteran difficulty too. It's definitely Star Wars. :)

Im really enjoying it. I’m playing on the X and have opted for 60fps (I honestly can’t tell the difference any higher). Its way better than I thought. Feels really good on a pad. It really hits the spot for me.

Associate
Got an offer for xbox ultimate pass for one month @£1, which now includes this and other EA stuff, so might have to give it a go with VR. Heard its still a bit of a faff getting HOTAS setup. Have most of the early bugs been sorted?

Soldato
Got an offer for xbox ultimate pass for one month @£1, which now includes this and other EA stuff, so might have to give it a go with VR. Heard its still a bit of a faff getting HOTAS setup. Have most of the early bugs been sorted?

Didnt see any bugs when we played saw plenty of cheats. Racking up 200+ kills, laser speed ships and indestructable ones.

Associate
Most of the early vr bugs have been sorted e.g. blurry star background, 60 fps limit on headset etc. It's a pretty good vr port now

Back
Top Bottom