• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Hi guys im going to pull the trigger on this build, can someone check if this will be good? <3

5900x
6800xt (when it comes out)
b550 tomahawk mobo
AORUS NVME Gen3 SSD 1TB (can someone see if this is the best option I dont really know much about these)
LIAN-LI - PC-O11DX Dynamic Mid-Tower ATX PC Case (Idk about this one it was £115 but i dont mind spending more money if there are better options)

I currently have 2x8GB of 2133Mhz RAM, will i be able to add another 16 or 8gb stick?

Thanks so much!

Better asked in the build section.
This is for manbabies to argue about stock shortages.

Rom

Rom

Associate
Hi guys im going to pull the trigger on this build, can someone check if this will be good? <3

5900x
b550 tomahawk mobo
AORUS NVME Gen3 SSD 1TB (can someone see if this is the best option I dont really know much about these)
LIAN-LI - PC-O11DX Dynamic Mid-Tower ATX PC Case (Idk about this one it was £115 but i dont mind spending more money if there are better options)

I currently have 2x8GB of 2133Mhz RAM, will i be able to add another 16 or 8gb stick?

Thanks so much!

Thats really slow ram for such a high end cpu.
You can't really mix and match either. Better to buy a new kit

Soldato

5900x
b550 tomahawk mobo

Thanks so much!
Good luck getting the 5900X!

Soldato
Maybe someone should create a ryzen 5000 stock situation thread like the RTX 3000 one so all the people stuck on pre order tomorrow have a place to go vent their frustrations.

Rom

Rom

Associate
Just a hunch but yes.

I hope you are right!

First World problems.... But I've been sat on a 3080 for a month now, which is getting strangled by my 6700k.
I just want a cpu, then I can go back in my te hfree hole until its time to upgrade again :D

To be honest, with shops having stock last week of some skus, I'm quietly hopeful, that between all the retailers, there should be a lot.
Read that they were ready a while ago, and AMD have just been stock piling them.

Last edited:
Associate
Ive just marched up to my local indian store. Spoke to the manager and they have none in stock in any store so can’t order something thats not in stock.
I explained people have been buying them and he repeated they have none in stock to preorder or otherwise

Same situation here. Just out of the local store and confirmed that they have no stock, not that they’re not available to order until tomorrow.
Guy was more than willing to get one for me although no stock is held in Scotland at least.

Associate
This discussion is becoming a bit daft. The chip's not out yet, of course there's no stock and it's not available. A few have leaked out by mistake but we can't draw *any* conclusions about what supply will be like tomorrow.

I'm beginning to worry more about the order for memory I placed last week with Overclockers, damn thing still hasn't been shipped despite everything being in stock...

Back
Top Bottom