• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Yeah, 3600MHz ram is pretty much required. I do disagree about the Gen4 drives though - the cost is huge compared to Gen3, there is zero difference in normal day-to-day use, you'll only see the crazy transfer speeds in sequential copy and even then only up to the size of the SLC cache. I was really considering it for a while but ended up buying a 1TB WD Black for my system drive, it was on a deal at £106, the same money would maybe get me a crappy 500GB Gen4 drive. Simply not worth it at the current prices.

Okay does the b550 support two slots for the NVME? If not i might just try looking for a 2TB gen3 so i can store everything.

If you're spending that sort of cash, get a Gen 4 m.2 NVME drive
Ditch that RAM and get 3600 speed RAM. Ryzen loves fast RAM- DDR4 3600 stuff

Awesome thanks! Do you think i could get away with 16GB of ram? Or will i need to upgrade to 32. I dont do any rendering

Associate
if you read other peoples posts you would see that there is a lot of confusion as to when people can attempt to buy the cpu tomorrow, I was just stating that I was told today by a sales rep on the phone it is 2pm and not 5pm as others have said.

My bad. When you said on the phone I thought you meant on the phone to OCUK.

Associate
Okay does the b550 support two slots for the NVME? If not i might just try looking for a 2TB gen3 so i can store everything.

Awesome thanks! Do you think i could get away with 16GB of ram? Or will i need to upgrade to 32. I dont do any rendering

It does, but only one of them at PCIe 4.0 and the other at PCIe 3.0. Again, I don't think it matters in the slightest.

And sure, depends what you do. 16GB is still enough to play games nowadays, I went with 32GB personally just to futureproof.

Associate
I think it's safe to assume that OCUK will be 2pm as well...Unless they know there's not much stock around, so hope to mop up those who don't have any success elsewhere at 2pm, knowing that they will pay a bit more to get it sooner... :p

Associate
This is hilarious, so much confusion about stock levels, release times, reviews.

Goodluck to everyone here though. It's going to be a tense day tomorrow. Hopefully stock is sufficient where if you add one to the basket 5 mins after they're released you don't miss out!

Back
Top Bottom