**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I think in Apps > App permissions or somewhere you can amend the level of battery saver for each app.

Yea you can, very similar to EMUI: App Battery Saver and then set to 'No Restrictions'. Which I did for Gmail and Google apps. I read a few people also suggested setting Gmail under Autostart within security but Gmail isn't listed under normal or system apps (and I've seen a few people use that .js app to remove the Gmail app in the image and reinstall from the Play store to get around that).

But for whatever reason even changing those, Gmail has not been pushing notifications until some point today. That was was after a few hours playing with the options.

Associate
MIUI 12.0.2 definitely made my Poco F1 slow down. It has some lag now which is pretty annoying. How I wish I had turned off auto-updates.

Is it possible to roll back to a previous version (I'm guessing not).

The phone was perfectly fine before that update.

edit. I went into developer options and turned off system animations. It did the trick.

Last edited:
Associate
My Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 started having some weird screen stuff going on (lines etc) without being dropped since the last time I used it. Completely unusable so I had to order a new phone, had a look and the poco X3 looked quite promising but I love saving money and they were selling the redmi note 9 for £119 shipped so went for that. Pretty nice phone, not as fast as my mi mix 3 but I never really used that phone to its capabilities anyways.

Caporegime
My Xaiomi Mi A1 is over 3 years old now and has been fantastic but I am in the market for a new phone. My missus Moto G4 is pretty ancient as well and is looking for a new phone for Christmas. What would you guys recommend in the 200-250 region? I bought my daughter a Mi9 Lite last year so pretty keen on Xaiomi.

Associate
My Xaiomi Mi A1 is over 3 years old now and has been fantastic but I am in the market for a new phone. My missus Moto G4 is pretty ancient as well and is looking for a new phone for Christmas. What would you guys recommend in the 200-250 region? I bought my daughter a Mi9 Lite last year so pretty keen on Xaiomi.

At the higher end price the Mi 10 Lite 5G with OLED screen is really good, I have been impressed with it. There is a slightly cheaper Mi 10T lite that looks quite handy too.

Soldato
Soldato
If you still prefer the stock experience then it might be worth noting that you can get the Pixel 3a direct from Google for £230 at the moment.

HUKD | Google Pixel 3a £230.30 / Pixel 4 £401.40 delivered using code @ Google.

PS I'm still happily using my Mi A1, but if I was upgrading I'd have the same dilemma - Pixel for £230 with a great camera or a slightly faster and more modern looking Xaiomi for a similar price.

Soldato
I picked up Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G 64GB from them directly with headphones thrown in for £199, deal isn't available at the moment but will probably pop up again soon on Black Friday.

Permabanned
Just imagine if you don't really keep up to date with what's going on with Huawei and the Google ban and you suddenly end up without Android on your phone :eek:

This is why people should remain informed :eek:

• HarmonyOS eligible Huawei devices:
    - Huawei Mate 40
    - Huawei Mate 40 Pro
    - Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
    - Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
    - Huawei Mate X
    - Huawei Mate Xs
    - Huawei P40
    - Huawei P40 Pro
    - Huawei P40 Pro+
    - Huawei Mate 30 4G
    - Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
    - Huawei Mate 30 5G
    - Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
    - Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
    - Huawei Nova 8 (Upcoming)
    - Huawei Nova 8 Pro (Upcoming)
    - Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
    - Huawei Nova 7 5G
    - Huawei Nova 7 SE
    - Huawei P30
    - Huawei P30 Pro
    - Huawei Mate 20
    - Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    - Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
    - Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
    - Huawei Mate 20 RS
    - Huawei Nova 6 5G
    - Huawei Nova 6 SE
  • HarmonyOS eligible Honor devices:
    - Honor V40 (Upcoming)
    - Honor 30 Pro
    - Honor 30 Pro+
    - Honor V30
    - Honor V30 Pro
    - Honor Play 4 Pro
    - Honor X10 5G
    - Honor 30
    - Honor 30S
    - Honor X10 5G
    - Honor 20 Pro
    - Honor 20
    - Honor 9X
    - Honor 9X Pro
  • HarmonyOS eligible wearables:
    - Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro (pre-installed – Chinese version)
    - Huawei Watch GT 2e
    - Huawei Watch GT 2
  • HarmonyOS eligible tablets:
    - Huawei MatePad Pro
    - Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
    - Honor Tablet V6
https://www.gsmarena.com/harmony_os...r_v40_huawei_nova_8_nova_8_pro-news-46264.php

Associate
I'm pretty sure the article said that you will have the OPTION to try out the harmony OS in December. Nevertheless I'm looking to change my mate 20 pro at the end of this month.

Associate
Only annoying thing is the phone I was really looking at replacing it with is meant to launch globally in Q4 and thats all the info we have on the realme x7 pro global. We are well into Q4 and still no global version.

Associate
So tempted by a poco f2 pro 8gb 256gb for £300. The only other phones I really fancy that are available that I'm looking at right now are the mi 10, oneplus 8/8t but I doubt they will get any where close to that price even on black Friday.

Back
Top Bottom