• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Have there been any more drops on the Nvidia site?

Last week Wednesday when I grabbed one, none since. I expect it's going to be once a week, gut feel says tommorow.

Are nvidia still selling FE cards from their website?

The out of stock button on the Nvidia site changes status when you can buy a FE model. However it now links to a OCUK competitor site where you actually buy it from for the same price. Need to be quick right now as 100s seem to hammer link when it comes up and site you buy from seems overloaded quick.

Associate
those of you that hve these, how did you get them, no sleep and F5 or some sort of website watching app/whatsapp group? i've got a g-sync monitor and don't really want to have to give up that to go AMD, plus CUDA is helpful for prem pro

Had last week off work.
Spent all of Tuesday pressing F5 on Nvidia website and scanning the Nvidia stock discord channel (to no avail)
Same again Wednesday - the discord channel paid off at around 2.30pm with the new web address to buy (lucky I was scanning discord as the Nvidia page never changed for me)
My hands were literally shaking when putting in my details and solving the captchas !
I had called my CC company before hand to prevent the sale being picked up as fraud - was still convinced it wouldn't go through (but it did)
The 3080 was delivered the next day :)

Soldato
The RTX 3080 founders in the US is $699 but in the UK is £649. So if the Radeon 6800xt is $649 in the US we would have to assume it is going to be somewhat cheaper than £649 until we know other wise. I would guess £629.

They're loss leaders essentially shop window displays so people see and think "ooh shiny!" when they realise they're rarer than hen's teeth and unlikely to get hold of one unless very persistent/lucky/happens to be a blue moon so turn to AIB's to actually get their hands on something (or would be if there wasn't delays)

6800XT's are intended to be sold in volume in stores and AMD actually want a profit from them.

Associate
those of you that hve these, how did you get them, no sleep and F5 or some sort of website watching app/whatsapp group? i've got a g-sync monitor and don't really want to have to give up that to go AMD, plus CUDA is helpful for prem pro

Distill chrome extension refreshing the nvidia website, I got mine a couple of weeks ago, I was working and got the notification on Distill

Associate
I received the 12 pin sleeved corsair cable from moddyi today, looks nice, good quality of sleeves. Waiting for the wb then I can test it out in the case

Associate
OK, I am officialy completely giving up on Nvidia Ampere.
Just selling my Alienware 3418dw G-sync monitor to get out of Nvidia lockdown and getting Gigabyte G34WQC instead.
If reviews for AMD 6800XT end in RTX 3080 balpark, I am swithing to 6800XT and getting Ryzen R9 5900x as well.

Soldato
Just selling my Alienware 3418dw G-sync monitor to get out of Nvidia lockdown and getting Gigabyte G34WQC instead.
If reviews for AMD 6800XT end in RTX 3080 balpark, I am swithing to 6800XT and getting Ryzen R9 5900x as well.
Whats saying amd boards are going to be anymore readily available???

Probably end up same situation

Associate
I received the 12 pin sleeved corsair cable from moddyi today, looks nice, good quality of sleeves. Waiting for the wb then I can test it out in the case

I ordered one directly from Corsair yesterday, although £25 including shipping is a bit steep.

Associate
Whats saying amd boards are going to be anymore readily available???

Probably end up same situation
They will sell out most likely but I believe there will be much more of them available, after all its high yield TSMC 7nm process instead of problematic 8nm Samsung.

In the worst case, I have some local contacts among local distributors which might help me snatch one before it gets to the public.
One thing I am afraid of is they might try scalping as with RTX 3080 which currently costs here 30+50% over MSRP and I am talking about the cheapest models.

Associate
If they are priced @ RRP then folk might be interested.

Yep, reckon the FE will suddenly be available in numbers at RRP, if not then they run risk of a lot of AMD converts, once they are free of GSync etc could be a long term loss

I am not bothered on brands myself, and will buy whatever comes up first

Soldato
OP

You're going to get out of the locked in Nvidia ecosystem and get balls deep in the AMD locked in ecosystem instead, for about 3% performance gain. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom