• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Looking at ASUS' delivery cadence; I am under a sneaking suspicion that they're using standard shipping (boats+containers); the deliveries seem to be every 14-15 days on the dot. As such, I expect to see ASUS updates here in 10 days. Sort of wish I'd bought a different card... Because now they've been all marked up even more. Meh. Guess it'll make a nice Christmas present to myself.
If they’re on vessels it’s a minimum of 30-40 days due to all the congestion at the ports.

14-15 days would be eco air freight and then the extra delays in transportation between airports to distributors

Man of Honour
Ok I think I just managed to grab a strix - I won't believe it till I see it/it arrives. But potentially now I have a ventus currently in my case, a gamerock and a strix on the way and I'm still queueing here and on the other big site. wtf is going on. I'd just whack them on the members market at cost but unfortunately I don't have many posts even though I've been on the site since forever =p Are people allowed to DM me? Otherwise I'll just send back the ones I don't keep.

In other news..this just arrived:
DSC-0065.jpg

Now fingers crossed for tomorrow to finish the

Nice! My board is arriving soon and will be the base of the new build for my 3090.

Associate
Ok I think I just managed to grab a strix - I won't believe it till I see it/it arrives. But potentially now I have a ventus currently in my case, a gamerock and a strix on the way and I'm still queueing here and on the other big site. wtf is going on. I'd just whack them on the members market at cost but unfortunately I don't have many posts even though I've been on the site since forever =p Are people allowed to DM me? Otherwise I'll just send back the ones I don't keep.

DSC-0065.jpg

Now fingers crossed for tomorrow to finish the build!

I got one of those on release in 2019 what revision is that one? I am on 1.0

Just to add F30 BIOS is buggy for me - it literally just powers down and restarts randomly - which is mega iffy. running F22 till I need the new BIOS when I get a new CPU early next year

Associate
Not being funny mate, but 3 competitors have had the MSI in this week,
one this morning infact had a batch in and no pre-orders, so they were free reign for everyone to buy, but soon sold out understandably, £100 cheaper than OCUK too.
I’ve tried grabbing one but unfortunately have always been too late. I’m 51 in queue atm and its mad how there hasn’t been any updates on this delivery. Either this stock never left China or its ended up going to another competitor maybe by mistake.

the fact there hasn’t been any update on it seems questionable

Associate

DSC-0065.jpg

Now fingers crossed for tomorrow to finish the build!
What's your credit card must have a good limit on it if you can put 3 over a thousand pounds graphics cards on it.

Associate
As of yesterday I’m now 158 in line for strix OC at the other site. Started off at 252.
Would like to know the breakdown of deliveries vs cancellations

I am 40 on the other site and they advised they expect delivery into their warehouse that will fulfil my order on 20/11/2020. I started at 115 in the queue - which gives you an idea of their delivery volumes.

Associate
Cancelled my gamerock order as this is getting ridiculous as I'll end up with 4 graphics cards. I've arranged returning of the ventus board. I'm due delivery of a strix - actually a non oc version on approx 10th from across the pond so will see how that goes clocking wise.

Associate
I had my heart set on the Strix ROG OC but as I'm not seeing updates (here or anywhere else!) on availability of that product I'm wondering if I should be considering getting in a queue for a less popular model. Of the alternatives which are the most appealing to you guys?

I spotted the in-stock inno3d board here and also some others elsewhere but ultimately turned my nose up - but now I'm wondering if I'm just being stubborn. It feels very like the supermarket queue switching dilemma (remember when you used to be able to go to supermarkets???).

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve tried grabbing one but unfortunately have always been too late. I’m 51 in queue atm and its mad how there hasn’t been any updates on this delivery. Either this stock never left China or its ended up going to another competitor maybe by mistake.

the fact there hasn’t been any update on it seems questionable

I've had distill.io set up and have seen the Trio come in regularly on the sites I have set up to follow. Might be worth a go.

Back
Top Bottom