What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I've heard some folks give it some praise ... but reading this just makes it sound like a ballache and really not my kind of thing, I'm enough of a grump when you don't just heal up between fights anyway but that seems way over the top.

I think there are mods you can get that fix some of these issues. I felt poe 2 very boring initially but once I explored the map and got through the majority of missions from nekatta (main hub) flow became better, hoping that's the case for kingmaker.

Another issue I hear a lot about is the timed quests, but in the log itself it tells you how long you have to solve them but doesn't make it obvious. I'm okay with this because I read up on the game before I started it.

Soldato
Sunset Overdrive is silly, silly fun.

It's available on Game Pass and I decided to give it a go on a whim after dismissing it countless times, even from when it first launched years and years ago.

I'd highly recommend it, it's an absolute blast from a gameplay perspective and feels like a weird quirky mix of Saints Row and Dying Light. I regret having set it aside as looking 'overly silly' back in the day as it's just loaded with fun from a development team that clearly decided that was the main focus of the game.

Its worth a try imo, I've played every major CRPG released in the last 40 years and imo Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best one I've ever played, its one of the few where you can actually play evil and not have to be the good guys. Time will tell if Baldurs Gate 3 can top it but at the moment I've got Pathfinder top of my pile (just ahead of Divinity Original Sin 2)

I've recently started Kingmaker and I've just finished the first act, I'm going for a very weird character build that's probably highly inefficient but I don't care in the least as it's fun.

Fighter > Sorc (for arcane casting) > Dragon Disciple.

I'm unsure as to how I'll build going forward as I sort of want more fighter feats, but at the same time I want to ultimately just be a big ass literal dragon running around. As I said it's not at all efficient but I love games where you can just play around with builds and see what happens. He's using a two hander at present, it looks hilarious when he swings it around then literally tries to bite as a follow up.

Last edited:
Associate
Sunset Overdrive is silly, silly fun.

It's available on Game Pass and I decided to give it a go on a whim after dismissing it countless times, even from when it first launched years and years ago.

I'd highly recommend it, it's an absolute blast from a gameplay perspective and feels like a weird quirky mix of Saints Row and Dying Light. I regret having set it aside as looking 'overly silly' back in the day as it's just loaded with fun from a development team that clearly decided that was the main focus of the game.

I've recently started Kingmaker and I've just finished the first act, I'm going for a very weird character build that's probably highly inefficient but I don't care in the least as it's fun.

Fighter > Sorc (for arcane casting) > Dragon Disciple.

I'm unsure as to how I'll build going forward as I sort of want more fighter feats, but at the same time I want to ultimately just be a big ass literal dragon running around. As I said it's not at all efficient but I love games where you can just play around with builds and see what happens. He's using a two hander at present, it looks hilarious when he swings it around then literally tries to bite as a follow up.

Tried sunset overdrive a couple of months ago it didn't work just kept crashing on the intro screen shame because i really wanted to play it.

Soldato
Tried sunset overdrive a couple of months ago it didn't work just kept crashing on the intro screen shame because i really wanted to play it.

Damn shame as it's one of those games of a generation that just should be played even if just to test the waters.

I'd recommend giving it another shot, I suspect it might have just been teething issues as I think the game is fairly recent to Game Pass for PC and is/was a relatively new port from Xbox. It's rock solid for me on similar hardware, although I'm running an RX580.

Associate
Damn shame as it's one of those games of a generation that just should be played even if just to test the waters.

I'd recommend giving it another shot, I suspect it might have just been teething issues as I think the game is fairly recent to Game Pass for PC and is/was a relatively new port from Xbox. It's rock solid for me on similar hardware, although I'm running an RX580.
yea im just downloading now will give it another go hopefully its sorted itself out now!

Soldato
Playing Horizon Zero Dawn, really loving it and only real issue I've had is game kept crashing when I had my GPU overclocked, IIRC Metro 2033 and Last Light used to do same thing back in day for me, didn't matter how stable of OC I had they crashed

I haz 4090!
Don
I've discovered a bit of a love for Rocket League again. That and RDR2 on PC - man it's a good game without that laggy "running through treacle" feeling you got on the consoles. It's still there, it just feels like it's less of an issue with the higher fps.

Soldato
Starting to play through PoE2 again, however this time as a 'Let's Play' (Yes - another one!) on YouTube. Never done this before but I thought I'd give it a go and see how it pans out.

Associate
Playing Horizon Zero Dawn, really loving it and only real issue I've had is game kept crashing when I had my GPU overclocked, IIRC Metro 2033 and Last Light used to do same thing back in day for me, didn't matter how stable of OC I had they crashed
I dunno if I'm just tired or emotional or what, but playing through the first few hours of the game last night is the most emotional gaming experience I've had since Disco Elysium

Soldato
Ah, some fun games being played here. I really enjoyed Sunset Overdrive. As someone said - OTT ultra-silly fun. But really fun. Such smooth gameplay.

I was liking Shadow Tactics too, until I lost my savefile after getting to the sixth level.

Its worth a try imo, I've played every major CRPG released in the last 40 years and imo Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best one I've ever played, its one of the few where you can actually play evil and not have to be the good guys. Time will tell if Baldurs Gate 3 can top it but at the moment I've got Pathfinder top of my pile (just ahead of Divinity Original Sin 2)

My thoughts are much in line with Cohhcarnages funnily enough

Now this is a game I have almost bought several times. I've had my cursor over the add to cart button when it's been on sale in a few places. A few things put me off, some of which I've seen mentioned here, with its systems being a bit cumbersome and time-consuming. It's encouraging to read your enthusiastic comments, though. One other thing that has put me off so far is the inordinate playtime I've seen associated with it. Does it really take in the region of 120 hours to finish properly?!

Man of Honour
Now this is a game I have almost bought several times. I've had my cursor over the add to cart button when it's been on sale in a few places. A few things put me off, some of which I've seen mentioned here, with its systems being a bit cumbersome and time-consuming. It's encouraging to read your enthusiastic comments, though. One other thing that has put me off so far is the inordinate playtime I've seen associated with it. Does it really take in the region of 120 hours to finish properly?!

To be perfectly honest, even 120 hours might be considered a pretty quick playthrough. The game is gigantic, way WAY bigger than it seems at first. I'd put a good run of the game, without trying to see and do absolutely everything yet at the same time not skipping too much content, at around 150-200 hours.

To give you some idea of the games size and how its addressed its early bugs etc, here once again is (my brocrush :) ) cohhcarnage :

Last edited:
Soldato

Pathfinder took me over 200 hours to finish if I recall correctly. And this was with me dropping to story mode difficulty in the very final stages as I realised the difficulty of the combat at that stage could easily triple my remaining time if I left it on hard, and I just wanted the game to end at that point. This was with turn based combat from the beginning. It would have taken a lot less time on real time I think, but then again, some combat would have been so hard that there probably would have been a lot more reloads. It is a very good rpg though. One thing a lot of people say is to not get so hung up on the kingdom management side of the game, with the cards and advisors etc, and the town building aspects. They really don't matter that much, if at all, to the story. Overall I recommend the game.

Back
Top Bottom