** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
240Hz still not working here with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Pre-driver update, there was heavy black flickering if a game was launched in 240
After the update, switching 240 in the control panel turns the screen black

Adaptiver sync/gsync is enabled, panel is 1005.4 n8

Associate
240Hz still not working here with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Pre-driver update, there was heavy black flickering if a game was launched in 240
After the update, switching 240 in the control panel turns the screen black

Adaptiver sync/gsync is enabled, panel is 1005.4 n8

They are rolling out firmware that solves the flickering issues at 240Hz. Already done so on the G7 and coming to the G9 soon.

Just run at 120Hz in the meantime.

Associate
I received my refund from them today, so just waiting on it to come back in stock now. I plugged in my PS4 Pro and the image quality looked great. In the info section in the monitor's OSD it actually said it was running at 3840x2160 (which must be a mistake), but it honestly looked as sharp as my 4K monitor. The Odyssey won't be able to run the PS5 at 120hz, right? I'm not really sure on the limitations of HDMI 2.0. I think I'd only really be playing exclusive games anyway which would be limited to 60hz and saving stuff like COD for my PC since it's crossplay now.

Glad someone has tested it on the PS4 as if/when I buy one that was my biggest concern as I use my monitor for both

Associate
Ok, returning my 2nd monitor - for four reasons:
1) Coil whine / buzzing coming out the back, near the onboard PSU. Not particularly loud, but can be heard in a quiet room when I have the brightness up. First monitor never had this.
2) When the monitor is in standby, I can hear a constant ticking noise near the PSU. Again this is not loud but does indicate some kind of issue.
3) Slight white screen flickering (full screen) when hovering the mouse over an active window, like an in game menu for example. Tried 4 different USB sticks - all formatted correctly - but the monitor will not recognize the latest (M-T9549GGAA-1006.2[BC89].img) firmware. Have tried 3rd party formatting tool.
4) Cracking/popping -this seems to come from two sources. One is the plastic as I can replicate the noise when, carefully, pinching the the back covering. The second comes from the power source. I ever had a "crack" approximately 2 hours after turning it off the other day.

I will carry on till I get a good unit, as I'm in love with this monitor. :)

Did you use the right usb port? It worked for me when using a 16gb sandisk cruser on the port closest to you, not the one closer to the back of the monitor.

Great you love it, me too, but still depends if a ps5 will work out alright on it. Then I will be sold :)

Associate
Quick update, i upgraded the firmware on my G7 32 from 1006 to 1009, and as before when I went from 1006 to 1007 it washed out the colours on screen.
Donno if anyone else has had this experience with the latest firmware but passing it on anyway to let people know.

Associate
Quick update, i upgraded the firmware on my G7 32 from 1006 to 1009, and as before when I went from 1006 to 1007 it washed out the colours on screen.
Donno if anyone else has had this experience with the latest firmware but passing it on anyway to let people know.

It's more likely your colour profile in windows has changed that's all, rather than something wrong with the firmware.

Associate
I'd be interested on how that could happen seeing as it was fine on the previous firmware today. Windows didn't update between doing the fimware update. Ideas?

Associate
I'd be interested on how that could happen seeing as it was fine on the previous firmware today. Windows didn't update between doing the fimware update. Ideas?

I find Windows is constantly changing things automatically because it thinks i am a moron and don't know how to use a computer. Just saying, anything is possible...

Check the Windows colour profile settings and see whats going on. Or adjust the monitor colour settings in the monitor menu and recalibrate the display. If the firmware is really that bad then yes it sounds like it has ruined the display so roll back to a version that works. Latest isn't always best. So once you find an acceptable and stable version, never change it.

Soldato
Great to see the G7 flicker issue is finally sorted, just updated mine so thanks for the heads up :) Fantastic monitor finally fixed the one thing that bugged me. VRR control setting is well hidden in support section, no idea why they didn't put it under picture settings.

Associate
I find Windows is constantly changing things automatically because it thinks i am a moron and don't know how to use a computer. Just saying, anything is possible...

Check the Windows colour profile settings and see whats going on. Or adjust the monitor colour settings in the monitor menu and recalibrate the display. If the firmware is really that bad then yes it sounds like it has ruined the display so roll back to a version that works. Latest isn't always best. So once you find an acceptable and stable version, never change it.

Cool will get a look at those settings and see if anythings messed up. If any guys on the 1009 firmware have their settings dialed in for windows and Nvidia cpl I'd appreciate a reply on it. I realise they are system specific (I'm running i7 10700k, RTX 2080 super, 32gb ram on Windows 10 home)

Thanks

Soldato
Do people find HDR in the G7 worth using? Find windows looks washed out even when HDR brightness adjusted and seems better with it off? Did watch some YouTube HDR and it seemed to do better on there. Even in warzone I found HDR to be worse turned on.

Associate
Do people find HDR in the G7 worth using? Find windows looks washed out even when HDR brightness adjusted and seems better with it off? Did watch some YouTube HDR and it seemed to do better on there. Even in warzone I found HDR to be worse turned on.

Really just a gimmick on monitors at min

Associate
I updated my Nvidia drivers from 451.55 to latest 457.09 and I updated my Odyssey G9 monitor firmware from 1005.4 to 1006.2. Now if I select both Adaptec sync on and 240Hz the monitor it just turns off. I can run 120 Hz with adaptive sync or 240 Hz with adaptive sync option off. This is on an RTX2080ti and both seemed to work fine together before. Anyone else having this problem now on 20 series cards?

On the plus side I have noticed much lower input lag in game since doing these updates and switching off vsync / gsync. I previously ran 240 Hz with adaptive sync on with gsync and vsync enabled and fps capped slightly below monitor refresh rate. If gsync was working correctly I shouldn't have been getting that added input lag from vsync but I definitely was. I think that gsync was never working correctly at 240 Hz even though I thought it was.

Associate
I updated my Nvidia drivers from 451.55 to latest 457.09 and I updated my Odyssey G9 monitor firmware from 1005.4 to 1006.2. Now if I select both Adaptec sync on and 240Hz the monitor it just turns off. I can run 120 Hz with adaptive sync or 240 Hz with adaptive sync option off. This is on an RTX2080ti and both seemed to work fine together before. Anyone else having this problem now on 20 series cards?

On the plus side I have noticed much lower input lag in game since doing these updates and switching off vsync / gsync. I previously ran 240 Hz with adaptive sync on with gsync and vsync enabled and fps capped slightly below monitor refresh rate. If gsync was working correctly I shouldn't have been getting that added input lag from vsync but I definitely was. I think that gsync was never working correctly at 240 Hz even though I thought it was.

You do not use vsync while gsync is enabled. The input lag was because of vsync. Gsync exists so you do not have to use vsync.

Back
Top Bottom