AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Soldato
All this mis-information knocking around.....anyone have a definitive launch time?? All my new build is missing is a 5900x!
I'm would like to know also is it at midnight or will it be some odd time during the day on the 05/11
I haven't heard anything definitive at all.

It's 2pm. Gibbo's old post is incorrect and no PC hardware ever gets launched at midnight.

From AMD
"Campaign Period begins November 5, 2020 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET"

Sales begin at 9AM ET in the US (6AM PT)

Soldato
Ryzen 5000 series which was announced yesterday are now online at OcUK.
You shall be able to order these products November 5th at 5PM GMT.
555 !!!
Again CPU's can be ordered 5pm on 5th November, we also expect to have product on the shelf and I have ordered thousands of CPU's so if our demand is met then supply for OcUK customers should not be an issue.

This still says 5pm.

Associate
The majority of European sites I've seen seem to be going with the 2pm GMT stated by AMD.

Hopefully OC will be same. (it would make sense)

Associate
I am just so fed up with all the crap us buyers have to put up with.... I mean how hard would it be to give a definitive time so us loyal customers can simply pre-order the stock?

I understand about some people out there are going to make money put of re selling these but for us paying customers that regularly order from OCUK, surely some help in allowing us to be all in a position to simply order without being frustrated in the process would be nice???

Soldato
Should you really need 'support' to avoid having a meltdown over something very basic whose information is widely available? Gibbo's post is from almost a month ago and almost every other retailer, in the UK and elsewhere is saying 2pm or equivalent.

By all means wait till 5pm if you want.

This still says 5pm.
It was posted a month ago and contradict's AMD and virtually every other major retailer in the UK and Europe. If OCUK sell it at 5pm then great, but the processor is going up for pre-order at 2pm.

Soldato
Should you really need 'support' to avoid having a meltdown over something very basic whose information is widely available? Gibbo's post is from almost a month ago and almost every other retailer, in the UK and elsewhere is saying 2pm or equivalent.

By all means wait till 5pm if you want.

It was posted a month ago and contradict's AMD and virtually every other major retailer in the UK and Europe. If OCUK sell it at 5pm then great, but the processor is going up for pre-order at 2pm.

Actually finding it hard using google to see anywhere that says the time let alone 2pm. Also its to order, as in to purchase for next day delivery not pre-order from what I am reading.

No need for anyone to get upset or worked up over a time of release. :)

Actually done some digging and this 2pm time seems to have come from Reddit posts that state Swedish Retailers have said 3pm (GMT 2pm) and same for German Retailers 3pm (GMT 2pm) but then I have read 2pm is when the embargo is lifted for reviews to flood out and its 5pm when they go on sale (not pre-order but to buy). Seems this 2pm has just been spread by rumour and circumstance.

Probably end up being 1pm.

Also read an interesting conspiracy theory saying AMD are selling the CPU first so loads of people buy it thinking SAM and Rage are real just to shift the CPU's then when the 6000 series releases people find out its SAM and Rage does not exist. It was on a weird conspiracy website.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually finding it hard using google to see anywhere that says the time let alone 2pm.
9am EST is from AMD. 9am EST is 2pm here. Several competitors have put on their FB page/twitter or emails that it opens at 2pm. obviously I can't link to them.

No need for anyone to get upset or worked up over a time of release.
However people seem to be, like the guys I quoted.

Soldato
This is where they have all got it the time from - https://www.amdrewards.com/terms

Click the top Ryzen 5xxx link

Campaign Period: Campaign Period begins November 5, 2020 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Please consult the world clock for time zone conversion information

Its from AMD yes but its not actually specific.

Lets hope they have not made 2+2=6 ! ;)

Remember, remember the 5th of November! Not long to wait for AMD's 5000 Series CPUs. Available from 2pm, November 5th.

Soldato
Its from AMD yes but its not actually specific.
Look further down.

Sales begin at 9AM ET in the US (6AM PT)

Also look at the competitors Facebook and Twitter pages. It's not just made up from Reddit. they literally advertise it as "available from 2pm".

And why are you quoting gibbos month old message again when we have newer information, from actual legitimate public sources? 0.o

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Current stock standings:

5950X - Small amount of stock, Large amount due this month.
5900X - Very large amount of stock and a very large amount of stock due this month.
5800X - Very large amount of stock and more due this month.
5600X - Very large amount of stock and more due this month.

Stock is healthy and demand is expected to be lower than a GPU launch so we feel things will be OK, if 5900X sells out today a very large amount is due next week. 5950X is pretty tight so if we sell lots then some back orders will be waiting 4-6 weeks so do be warned on that product.

Hope that helps and good luck at 2pm. :)

Associate
Current stock standings:

5950X - Small amount of stock, Large amount due this month.
5900X - Very large amount of stock and a very large amount of stock due this month.
5800X - Very large amount of stock and more due this month.
5600X - Very large amount of stock and more due this month.

Stock is healthy and demand is expected to be lower than a GPU launch so we feel things will be OK, if 5900X sells out today a very large amount is due next week. 5950X is pretty tight so if we sell lots then some back orders will be waiting 4-6 weeks so do be warned on that product.

Hope that helps and good luck at 2pm. :)

Thanks Gibbo.

With the 2pm time instead of 5pm, will we better with usual next day, or Saturday delivery?

Back
Top Bottom