EKWB RX6000 series waterblocks announced

Associate
Capture.png

Not seen this mentioned on the forums yet, but grabbed from the EKWB website. IMHO, not a particularly attractive waterblock...

Soldato
Bit odd but its at least different, to be completely honest the front design would make a nice backplate if they could just stop having that same old lazy plate on the back... The 3XXX founders blocks are super clean compared to this so hope there are some different designs for AIB cards.

Associate
The only thing going for that is the fact that the RX6800 does seem to require PCIE4 for AMD Smart Access Memory and given that there won't be many riser cables that are compatible you can hide the front by mounting it horizontally.

Let's hope someone else designs a block that isn't utterly hideous.

Soldato
better quality blocks out there than EK
I haven't used a GPU block since gtx 480 days, who is currently classed as top tier? I remember Aquacomputer and heatkiller being highly regarded but on the more expensive side.
Looks like nickel & plexi is even more popular than before, I would love to just grab a acetal & copper block for simplicity as I had nickel flaking before.

Associate
I haven't used a GPU block since gtx 480 days, who is currently classed as top tier? I remember Aquacomputer and heatkiller being highly regarded but on the more expensive side.
Looks like nickel & plexi is even more popular than before, I would love to just grab a acetal & copper block for simplicity as I had nickel flaking before.

Aquacomputer is still the best, EK is classy though and looks better than Aqua, Alphacool is catching up!

Soldato
If you don't want to spend a fortune, Bykski and Barrow are cracking products. Hell, Watercool actually pair Barrow fittings with their Heatkiller blocks and sell them on their web shop :)

Alphacool have improved a lot in recent years (although I personally think their aesthetics have a long way to go). EK are still a quality brand, but I think they've been resting on their laurels for a while now and everything feels churned out, especially with the "Classic" line now produced in China. Not that is a bad thing of course, but EK were always so proud of "Made in Slovenia", but only the Quantum design language kit is made there now and they're charging a fortune for it, and even a performance regression in some places (EK went from best performing CPU block with the Supremacy EVO to worst performing block with the Velocity in some reviews).

Soldato
Thanks guys, glad are more options in the market and they are catering to custom pcbs too.
I will see what the gpus are like once they are out, the past few years I have just been strapping a pair of 120mm noctua fans to my gpu and has done a good job.

Associate
I've a 5950X on order and my Aquacomputer Cuplex Next Vario Vision (that's its name ) will handle it no problem, its a cracking cooler. I'm on the fence as regards the GPU block, been using EK stuff for over 15 years and never had a bother with them GPU side, my Vega64 and more recently VII EK FC blocks keep them under 50C running 3D mark stuff with the hot-spot touching 75C but I think I might look more closely at the Aquacomputer FC for the 6800XT I'm eyeing up in a few weeks.

Soldato
TTL received a flight case with the AMD kit including RX blocks! Nice to see AMD must have sent guides to EK well in advance to get the water blocks done vs Nvidia being months later!

Back
Top Bottom