This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Come to an agreement with the spiders in my house. Large ones are free to roam the floor and hide wherever they wish. Small ones are allowed on the walls/ceiling but webs are limited to unused corners. Bathroom kept clear and front of shelves, landing has 2 corners which I leave alone until the spiders have gone before cleaning. Used to take the house spiders outside but the next day it would be back in somehow. Had a much better year this year letting them be than constantly trying to remove them. Had a house spider patrol the living room the other day, just left it to it. Still scares the fluff out of me but I'd rather have calm spiders than fast moving scared ones.

Permabanned
Come to an agreement with the spiders in my house. Large ones are free to roam the floor and hide wherever they wish. Small ones are allowed on the walls/ceiling but webs are limited to unused corners. Bathroom kept clear and front of shelves, landing has 2 corners which I leave alone until the spiders have gone before cleaning. Used to take the house spiders outside but the next day it would be back in somehow. Had a much better year this year letting them be than constantly trying to remove them. Had a house spider patrol the living room the other day, just left it to it. Still scares the fluff out of me but I'd rather have calm spiders than fast moving scared ones.

Maybe you should let them lose in the admin office. hehe

Soldato
In anticipation of my post firebreak lockdown confidence building climbing shenanigans, I dug out my old kit this afternoon and gave it a good check-over and rough clean.

All seems ok.

rockppe.jpg

Commissario
Has anyone else got a really moody postman/woman?

An incident occurred just after lockdown where the postie, usually a pleasant chap, had a go at me for not answering the door in what he described as an acceptable time frame. I was quite taken back by the outburst, I got quite defensive and informed him I was home schooling my 5 year old, my wife was working from home and also teaching our 8 year old whilst our 2 year old was running about. It's unfortunate but we couldn't get to the door very quickly. He didn't understand my answer and in the end I told him to cheer up. Everyone was stressed at that time so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't think about it.
5 months later, this afternoon, I was home alone on a work call/meeting. I heard the knock, then again...30 seconds later I excused myself and went down, I could see him at the door, presumably writing a card, I answered, apologised for being on a work call, he said nothing and angrily shoved the box in to my hands, he then walked off and said "unbelievable". I opened my mouth to say something then literally couldn't be arsed, so instead I'll rant here. My wife said to report him but what's the point, he will only probably sabotage any post we need. But honestly, what a ****.

What would OCUK do :p
Poo thr... ah wait no that won't work

Permabanned
Has anyone else got a really moody postman/woman?

An incident occurred just after lockdown where the postie, usually a pleasant chap, had a go at me for not answering the door in what he described as an acceptable time frame. I was quite taken back by the outburst, I got quite defensive and informed him I was home schooling my 5 year old, my wife was working from home and also teaching our 8 year old whilst our 2 year old was running about. It's unfortunate but we couldn't get to the door very quickly. He didn't understand my answer and in the end I told him to cheer up. Everyone was stressed at that time so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't think about it.
5 months later, this afternoon, I was home alone on a work call/meeting. I heard the knock, then again...30 seconds later I excused myself and went down, I could see him at the door, presumably writing a card, I answered, apologised for being on a work call, he said nothing and angrily shoved the box in to my hands, he then walked off and said "unbelievable". I opened my mouth to say something then literally couldn't be arsed, so instead I'll rant here. My wife said to report him but what's the point, he will only probably sabotage any post we need. But honestly, what a ****.

What would OCUK do :p

Do you realize you won’t be getting any post soon if you keep that up.

Soldato
How is everyone this morning?

It's a bright, still morning here with a bit of a nip to it.

^^Tidy kit. Will you do some toning exercises before you head out?

Cheers. I've started doing basic stretches and bodyweight exercises again to get things moving, but that's only because it's been so long since I last did any real exercise/training. Finger strength won't be great but that won't matter on such a low-grade climb because the holds will be big enough "jugs" to grab properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
This password has been seen 6 times before

Yep.
I assume someone else has used the same password or the forums got compromised.

Guess it's not impossible someone else has used the same password as you, but in any event I recommend a password manager if you're not using one.

I am a bit slack on it sometimes, but I try and keep all of mine in LastPass, and I don't know most of mine as they are random ones.

Permabanned
There’s a rule now that when I use LastPass I make sure it auto generates a one for every site I use.

I spent a day changing all my passwords to ensure two things.

A) All passwords will be different.
B) 2FA was turned on, on every site that I could.

Should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom