• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Zen3 review thread

Caporegime
are people just seeing what they want to see :p

loads of benchies showing they slower at gaming on the whole. yet rip intel lol.

Caporegime
if you look at the nexus game benchmarks for literally every res the amd cpus are behind intel cpus. so while great and without cherry picking bias benchmarks they arent as fast in single thread as made out. intel are still better for games unless you going to use that csgo benchmark or some other cherry picked one.

1080 https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

5600 basically is 10500 to 10600 performance. often with the 10600 winning especially in games.

Meh, this is typical Tech Power Up when it comes to CPU reviews, all old games and little difference between low and high core count CPU's, yes if you go by their reviews the conclusion you would come away with is there is no point getting anything better than a 9600K.

If you look at other reviews they show newer games as much as 20% faster than a 10900K.

Overall it is a mixed bag tho, i think Zen 3 will mature much better than current Intel.

Soldato
i linked the review https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

basically they arent as quick at single thread as said. people will who amd biased just post csgo benchmark or some obscure ones. over main big games its clear to see they still arent faster than old intel cpus or current ones. they almost identical just not as fast. they are good but with price gouging and current intel cpus. they just not winning.

Techpowerup is a dodgy place for benchmarks, go watch the gamernexus review and watch the 5950x destroy intel's finest. Enough with the Intel shilling, it's time to move on. AMD are now the fastest for gaming.

Associate
CS:GO seems to really love the new architecture for some reason. :eek:

csgofbje4.png

E-sport with 360hz screens will buy them in droves.

Look at this ####!

+48% WTF?

j0bL1qJ.png

AMD simply made their new generation really strong

if you look at the nexus game benchmarks for literally every res the amd cpus are behind intel cpus. so while great and without cherry picking bias benchmarks they arent as fast in single thread as made out. intel are still better for games unless you going to use that csgo benchmark or some other cherry picked one.

1080 https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

5600 basically is 10500 to 10600 performance. often with the 10600 winning especially in games.

AMD crushed Intel today and you try to defend them?
How much are Intel paying you for their shill?
The demand for amd Ryzen zen 3 is beyond anything Intel ever had in their whole history.
Game over for Intel and nvidia.

The rise of the new cpu and gpu and gaming overlord Queen AMD

Caporegime
E-sport with 360hz screens will buy them in droves.

AMD simply made their new generation really strong

AMD crushed Intel today and you try to defend them?
How much are Intel paying you for their shill?
The demand for amd Ryzen zen 3 is beyond anything Intel ever had in their whole history.
Game over for Intel and nvidia.

The rise of the new cpu and gpu and gaming overlord Queen AMD

as said already numerous times bias amd benchmark csgo and the game everyone plays serious sam ROFL !

now look again at those benchmarks and tell me im a shill ..literally every res and game amd behind.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

Soldato
i linked the review https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

basically they arent as quick at single thread as said. people will who amd biased just post csgo benchmark or some obscure ones. over main big games its clear to see they still arent faster than old intel cpus or current ones. they almost identical just not as fast. they are good but with price gouging and current intel cpus. they just not winning.

Ok that site isn't called nexus but fine. Try looking at a review with the actual best binned amd chip and you'll see the 5950x definitely wins everywhere (except Red Dead) for whatever it's worth. Even on top of OC 10900.

The chip TPU is showing there is the 5800X.

AMD has the 5950X AND the 5900X above the 5800X and you're saying the 5800X isn't beating all the Intel chips...

I agree with you. The 5800X does not beat all the Intel chips.

The 5900X beats a lot more and the 5950X beats them all (except one game).

Caporegime
as said already numerous times bias amd benchmark csgo and the game everyone plays serious sam ROFL !

now look again at those benchmarks and tell me im a shill ..literally every res and game amd behind.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/16.html

Dg everything is relevant, you can't dismiss what doesn't suit your argument, its very obvious to everyone you're doing it, you're cherry-picking. Its a mixed bag not so good in old games, much better in new games.

Meh, this is typical Tech Power Up when it comes to CPU reviews, all old games and little difference between low and high core count CPU's, yes if you go by their reviews the conclusion you would come away with is there is no point getting anything better than a 9600K.

If you look at other reviews they show newer games as much as 20% faster than a 10900K.

Overall it is a mixed bag tho, i think Zen 3 will mature much better than current Intel.

Caporegime
cherry picking its modern games across all res how is that cherry picking ? yet just showing csgo benchmark and saying yes its faster. :p

Caporegime
no people were moaning i used the 5800 instead of the 5950 so there is a proven benchmark showing its no faster than intel at games.

so £800 amd CPU at games is equal to £659 intel cpu yet people are like wooooheee AMD quicker lol,

its actually really funny amd have brought out dearer level par performance. people lapping them up.

the better value is with intel and you could have had this performance for a while it never seems to change. same old story.

Soldato
Gaming Performance Average
Here’s a look at performance averaged out across the 11-game sample. As you can see the Ryzen 9 5950X and 10900K are a match in terms of performance.

https://www.techspot.com/review/2131-amd-ryzen-5950x/

no cherry picking this is across all reviews for GAMING.

AMD arent quicker. hype train got people.

What hype train.

You've just been dragged off your one man train where you were saying AMD was behind Intel in everything because you were staring at ONE review using the 3rd best AMD cpu.

Now at least you've come to terms with how good the best AMD cpu is.

I reckon there's some variance between reviews but it's definitely right up there with Intel now if you can afford such an expensive cpu for gaming alone.

Associate
are people just seeing what they want to see :p

loads of benchies showing they slower at gaming on the whole. yet rip intel lol.

A lot of reviewers are still using a 2080Ti/3070 which is a bottleneck for even a 10700k/10900k. The reviewers using a 3080/3090 are showing much more consistent wins for the AMD CPUs.

Also needs to be noted that they haven't tuned the RAM either. 3600MHz CL16 is the fastest I've seen used so far, AMD said 3800-4000MHz is the sweet spot for this gen.

I think it's pretty undeniable AMD have the lead here.

Back
Top Bottom