• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I had a 5900X in my basket at a competitors site as I refuse to pay the Gibbo needs a new supercar OCUK tax. Even had paypal ready to go and hit checkout but the site locked out and took until 14:12 to refresh and they then it was marked as pre-order for the 20th Nov. Though to be fair I didn't mind as I am in no rush and can mull over cancelling if I come to my senses. :)

Soldato
Just had some good news were I did manage to get an order to go through from a shop in bolton, he cant tell though if I managed to get one or if im on pre-order, but did actually tell me I should teach the scalpers a lesson and bid their listings up to stupid amounts, OK i'll get banned for non paying, but I can just open another fleabay account up with another free email address.

Soldato
So can anybody point me to some benchmarks comparing multicore performance from the 5800x to 5950x vs comparable intels ? Trying to figure which chips give best price vs performance and multicore is actually important for my main uses but everybody seems too focused on single core gaming performance

Associate
So can anybody point me to some benchmarks comparing multicore performance from the 5800x to 5950x vs comparable intels ? Trying to figure which chips give best price vs performance and multicore is actually important for my main uses but everybody seems too focused on single core gaming performance

Check Jays review on youtube.

Soldato

Choose your own CPUs and they don't have the 5800X,so added 3800xt as a closest comparison

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3800XT/3862vs3730vs3735vs3797

Associate
+1.

The Techpowerup benchmarks on https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/ocuk-zen3-review-thread.18905218/ have code compilation/VMs/Premiere pro benchmarks; that's the closest I've found.

Associate

Most embargo lift reviews focus on the flagship processor, frustrating, but understandable as it's ultimately the halo product that drives the most views.
Just going to have to be patient at the moment, the reviews focused on the lower tier products will be along across the next few days

Trying to convince my girlfriend that I medically need a new PC for about £1500 when I'm supposed to be clearing credit card debt and saving for a house deposit is a huge uphill battle. I've even said she can have my current PC to play House Flipper on to which she responds she doesn't need a gaming PC (even though her current PC is about 12 years old, barely turns on or runs Office). :rolleyes::D No idea how I get around my situation.
Get a different girlfriend. For sure, it'll cost you less than a £1500 PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom