AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Hi there

Most crazy CPU launch ever, we have sold over 2000 units already!

In short:
5950X - Small amount due next week, around 300 sold
5900X - Very large amount due end of next week, 1000 sold nearly.
5800X - Very large amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold
5600X - Very large amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold.

All being well all those who have ordered today before 5pm should have a CPU by end of this month apart from potentially 5950X which may take until end of December to clear.

HOWEVER, it is day one, AMD and its master distributors will update me next week on shipments, but volumes are much better than on GPU's so people should be waiting not too long, approx 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for your orders, our warehouse is doing its best but of course with lockdown also this week levels of orders have increased by 50% as ordering goes crazy during lock down.

@Gibbo Thanks for the communication. I don't there's any way to plan perfectly for this! I appreciate the updates anyway. Guessing they got about 250 5900x in today meaning next week another 250ish. Who knows exactly. I couldn't place an order till 14:51 but I have my hat in the ring. :)

Associate
Hi there

In short:

All being well all those who have ordered today before 5pm should have a CPU by end of this month apart from potentially 5950X which may take until end of December to clear.

HOWEVER, it is day one, AMD and its master distributors will update me next week on shipments, but volumes are much better than on GPU's so people should be waiting not too long, approx 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for your orders, our warehouse is doing its best but of course with lockdown also this week levels of orders have increased by 50% as ordering goes crazy during lock down.
wow...thats £1.1 million pounds worth in one afternoon, nice 1

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey mate! I’m not getting an answer from anyone here. So can you help? Is the email from Simple Insurance normal? They emailed me after purchasing the 5900X asking me to pay insurance. Would you advise I pay? Thanks.

Never heard of them but I am checking for you, but for now do not reply to that email.

Associate
I've tried to order a 5900X but the payment was declined. Now I can't order again as your website counts a failed order towards the 1-per-person rule. I've been on the phone for 50 minutes now. Combine that with the wrong time, I'm upset with how badly its gone considering you guys are normally really on top of things

EDIT: After an hour 10 minutes on the phone, someone cancelled my order so I could reorder

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hey mate! I’m not getting an answer from anyone here. So can you help? Is the email from Simple Insurance normal? They emailed me after purchasing the 5900X asking me to pay insurance. Would you advise I pay? Thanks.

OK this is an option on our site, you must have ticked the box I guess and it looks like some sort of insurance, so something for you to decide what action to take on.

Associate
Thanks mate.. the email said..
Dear client,

We are happy that you have decided to take out insurance through our partner https://www.overclockers.co.uk/.

Attached to this email you will find your insurance certificate, the relevant terms and conditions of insurance and the product information sheet.

To make sure that your insurance cover commences at the time stated in the policy, please pay the outstanding invoice amount within the next five days. You can easily do so using the following payment link (SSL encrypted), or transfer the amount to our bank account. The relevant account information can be found on the invoice.

Please let me know. Thanks.

There was a checkbox for installation insurance in the checkout, looks like you ticked it. Maybe thought it was T&Cs?

OcUK Staff
OP
Ok. So just to confirm. This is normal? I’m surprised you don’t even know about it? But again, please can you confirm with me that this is normal? I wont bother taking it. And I’ll let them know. But I’d like to know if this is legit.

Yes its normal, its a 3rd party option and you deal directly with them for payment/insurance.

I manage the products I look after, I don't manage the ecommerce side of the business and literally my head is beyond full at moment trying to deal with all these product launches.

Associate
Yes its normal, its a 3rd party option and you deal directly with them for payment/insurance.

I manage the products I look after, I don't manage the ecommerce side of the business and literally my head is beyond full at moment trying to deal with all these product launches.
Ok bro. No worries. I understand. Thanks for your help here.

Associate
Hi there

In short:

Thanks for the update. V interesting that the 5900X is outselling the bigger brother 3 to1 and its smaller brothers 2 to 1.

Associate
Website was shocking today. I had one in my basket for 2PM, logged in, and got to payment screen and it wouldnt do anyuthing ! Gutted, was the same on every site

Back
Top Bottom