AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Thanks for the update. V interesting that the 5900X is outselling the bigger brother 3 to1 and its smaller brothers 2 to 1.

Launch day bias right? Enthusiasts getting hyped

All of these will probably be blown out of the water when the 5600 non-x is released at £200-ish in any case

Associate
@Gibbo I'm not sure if this relates to your end of the business, however, after being a customer for 8 years I'm really unhappy with how things have gone today. I was on hold for 3 hours trying to sort an issue with my order. The phone rang for 2 hours straight before being disconnected, then I call back at 4.30 to hear call music, hold notices etc > hold music > rings out > back on hold music all the way up until 5.30pm in which the call was answered and then hung up so this was obviously done on purpose as the phone lines close at 5.30pm. I made a forum account just to let you guys know that I'm seriously disappointed. I know you guys are under stress but not actually accepting calls from customers is terrible.

Associate
@Gibbo I'm not sure if this relates to your end of the business, however, after being a customer for 8 years I'm really unhappy with how things have gone today. I was on hold for 3 hours trying to sort an issue with my order. The phone rang for 2 hours straight before being disconnected, then I call back at 4.30 to hear call music, hold notices etc > hold music > rings out > back on hold music all the way up until 5.30pm in which the call was answered and then hung up so this was obviously done on purpose as the phone lines close at 5.30pm. I made a forum account just to let you guys know that I'm seriously disappointed. I know you guys are under stress but not actually accepting calls from customers is terrible.
Actually I agree with you here, i spent over 2 hours yesterday trying to phone. I get the current climate but still unacceptable. I ordered a new case and was due to arrive in stock, now showing out of stock. Today I have got to payment screens for the 5600x and payment crashes. I then go back and my basket is empty. So I lost an oppertunity of getting a 5600x because there site cant handle it & it was the same across all the competition aswell. Dont know how many times i typed my card details in lol

Associate
Well I finally managed to put an order in on a 5900x tried between 2-3 with no luck then had to get back to doing work. Hopefully it's not too long a wait at the back of the queue :p

Associate
I consider myself super lucky, decided to check the forums at midday and spotted the change to 2pm.

Got myself logged in at 13:30 and waited on the page

At 13:55 I started refreshing once per minute.

At 13:56 I refreshed and to my surprise I could order. I must have been one of the first as I got zero issues with the website, it was very slow for the payment through PayPal to go through but after 15 seconds I had paid.

10 mins later had the confirmation email

2 hours later dispatched email.

Crossing fingers it comes tomorrow!

(5900x)

Associate
I'd be the same, have a 3900X but needing the IPC increase but also doing more VM stuff so core count matters so stepped up to the 16C jobbie. My Crosshair VIII all biosed up and ready to rock!

Same - ready to go this end. I'm really curious to see how far I can push my b-die with this. Got it down to c13 3200, but my 3700x wasn't stable with anything higher (tried 2 different kits).

Associate
I’ve created an account just to say that OC’s handling of this launch is nothing short of a joke. I’ve got £1,000s components sat waiting for a CPU. I’ve had the advertised date and time of “the 5th at 5pm” in my calendar for weeks now only to find they start taking orders before even 2pm. Now I’ve got a 5950x order “not yet shipped” just as I did with the Nvidia GPU with Gibbo stating it’s likely I won’t get it until December.

Loyal customers are owed an explanation for this Gibbo

Associate
Hi everyone, long time reader, first time complainer.

Just wondering what time pre-orders actually went live as I was under the misguided notion that it would be 5PM. I'm trying to gauge how far back in this queue I might be.

I randomly checked the site and made my pre-order for the 5900X at 15:53PM. No confirmation of shipping yet.

Also, under the giddy assumption that I got lucky and the blasted thing would ship immediately, I allowed myself to get gouged for the Saturday delivery. The point of this particular gripe is that, as others have expressed, with no availability and expected shipping information on the purchase page, I had no way of knowing that it was a pointless extra expense. Not a lot in the grand scheme, but annoying for the customer nonetheless.

I'm not familiar with DPD; does anyone know if Saturday delivery means they'll get it to me any weekday and Saturday, or just Saturday specifically (probably in 2021 at this rate).

Associate
I did exactly the same thing. Got my order in just before 3pm by sheer chance and yet I still pretty sure I missed out on the stock they had. I spent 2 hours on hold only for them to hang up. Fuming.

Associate
Hi everyone, long time reader, first time complainer.

Just wondering what time pre-orders actually went live as I was under the misguided notion that it would be 5PM. I'm trying to gauge how far back in this queue I might be.

I randomly checked the site and made my pre-order for the 5900X at 15:53PM. No confirmation of shipping yet.

Also, under the giddy assumption that I got lucky and the blasted thing would ship immediately, I allowed myself to get gouged for the Saturday delivery. The point of this particular gripe is that, as others have expressed, with no availability and expected shipping information on the purchase page, I had no way of knowing that it was a pointless extra expense. Not a lot in the grand scheme, but annoying for the customer nonetheless.

I'm not familiar with DPD; does anyone know if Saturday delivery means they'll get it to me any weekday and Saturday, or just Saturday specifically (probably in 2021 at this rate).

I was able to order mine at 13:57, the earliest i have seen anyone say they could get an order was 13:55 so thats roughly when it went live in the end

Associate
All being well all those who have ordered today before 5pm

Good job the OP was updated so everyone could... oh wait.

potentially 5950X which may take until end of December to clear.

End of December... wow. ~300 sold, some pre-orders, and some people presumably ordering after the original go-live date. So even those ordering before 5pm today may not receive their goods before the year-end. Where does that leave the orders placed AFTER 5pm?

Forums are great and all. Hopefully the next big release will see the OP updated when thing shift, in addition to the buried update on page 17 or w/e.

Soldato
End of December... wow. ~300 sold, some pre-orders, and some people presumably ordering after the original go-live date. So even those ordering before 5pm today may not receive their goods before the year-end. Where does that leave the orders placed AFTER 5pm?
Well atleast those ordering a 5950X with a 3080 already on pre order will now have CPU and GPU arriving in the same time frame!.

Back
Top Bottom