Top down base building/Survival games?

Associate
I'd also say RimWorld. I find Oxygen not Included quite overwhelming, but it's probably good if you're into that sort of difficulty level right from the get go.
Otherwise I'd also strongly recommend Prison Architect.

Man of Honour
I do love Banished but for me it gets to the point when things are running smoothly and I run out of interest to try and expand, might get it installed again and see how i go! :)

I find that is a common issue with many base building survival games, you reach a point where everything is going smoothly and then the challenge is gone. The genre excels in its early and mid games, where you are struggling to survive, once you have survival nailed in it becomes a tad aimless.

Soldato
I find that is a common issue with many base building survival games, you reach a point where everything is going smoothly and then the challenge is gone. The genre excels in its early and mid games, where you are struggling to survive, once you have survival nailed in it becomes a tad aimless.

Exactly that, just seems the only task then is to expand as much as you can but just takes hours and hours of essentially copy and paste?

Factorio is a good example of going the other way though, where you've got a final task of launching the rocket, but I only got needing blue microchips I think before I realised it's going to need to take over my life :p

Back
Top Bottom